GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBDeleven traction control apps

fredygump

Passed Driver's Ed
I just got the OBDeleven, for the purpose of changing the asr/esc behavior.

I was surprised to find 6(?) different apps for traction control settings, but I couldn't find any descriptions of what each option does. I was expecting to find one app to get the "R" settings--ESC sport and ESC/ASR off, like 100% off.

Among the options I found were "esc off v1" and "esc off v2", but OBDeleven does not provide any documentation? I asked google, and he hasn't heard anything. I just found a single question in a forum that nobody responded to.....

Does anybody know for sure what the differences are? I think the V1 vs V2 is the one that needs clarification.

I went with "ASR off/ESC off v2"...because anything called v2 is obviously better than a thing called v1.... :)

I did a brief test. I drove down my icy driveway sideways with the handbrake on, and I managed a controlled drift on an icy/slushy parking lot without any sense of electronic interference.

I think it worked? When I hold the traction control button, I get the normal traction control off light, and the center info panel displays "ESC off"

But it was just a guess. And what did I actually do?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
i need to know this as well, came up empty handed trying myself

miked617

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
21 VW GTI
Does this just change what pushing the button does or does it put the car permanently in those settings?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
I'm assuming it's the button behavior since it's sport/off and not just one setting.

In a general question since I haven't seen obd11, do you have to buy credits for each thing, or can you do normal long coding and the things for credits are just out of convenience for quickness?

worldacgti

Go Kart Champion
You can do normal long coding. Like u said, credits and the apps are just for convenience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
That's what I figured but thought I'd ask :)

fredygump

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm assuming it's the button behavior since it's sport/off and not just one setting.

In a general question since I haven't seen obd11, do you have to buy credits for each thing, or can you do normal long coding and the things for credits are just out of convenience for quickness?

Yeah, we're talking about what the button does with single press vs long press.

I understand there are a few ways to get credits without paying. The app came with 11 "free" credits. And I think you can watch advertisements in the app to get credits...the DAP youtube channel gave a pretty good description of what options are: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tesklrp019E

Using their apps is great; I think it is fair to pay a little for the work they have done...

But what is a little less great is the fact that they do not offer any documentation about what their apps do.

In this case, I gotta pick an option and hope it does what I hope it will do. I can mostly guess...but we shouldn't be left to guess the outcome of a paid service, especially when their is no option to refund the credits.

It would be nicer if the 10 credits gave me free access to all the esc/asr programming options, allowing me to switch back and forth to decide which one I like best.....

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Just do the long coding. Not hard at all for this.
There was a post about it where someone listed all the coding variations. Unfortunately can't remember where but try doing a search