GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBDeleven pro credit question

20ls01

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTI 2016
Im considering purchasing an obdeleven pro. Im a little thrown off by how credits work and what functions actually requires credit/$

Couple things i mainly want to do:
Turn off Soundacktor
Side mirror goes down when in reverse
maybe some other cool things

Does the above require credits? And when would i need to purchase credits to perform a function?

Another question hopefully someone can answer:

One thing that has annoyed me with the GTI is that when you press the re-circulate button, the AC turns on. I hate this. Can OBDeleven turn this off?

Last edited:

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
It does not require any credits if you purchase the Pro version.

You can change everything you need manually in the adaptation channels or via long coding following one of the many guides out there.

I have coded on a dozen different cars, never used a single credit.

One thing that has annoyed me with the GTI is that when you press the re-circulate button, the AC turns on. I hate this. Can OBDeleven turn this off?

Mine does not do this, at least that I've noticed in the last 3 years. There may be a setting for it in the MIBII as well based on the last line of some VCDS coding instructions I've seen:

Code:
Automatic air recirculation
08 - Auto HVAC
Coding - 07
Long Coding Helper
Byte 4 (remember the first byte is 0)
Enable Bit 4-5 “10 Recirculation Air settings (after ignition cycle) stored”
In head unit, AC settings

I'm in your area if you want to code a few things I'm happy to meet up and do it for you. I live and work in the South Bay if you are down here. Then you don't have to buy one if you don't really want to.

Last edited:

OldVWFan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
Im considering purchasing an obdeleven. Im a little thrown off by how credits work and what functions actually requires credit/$

Turn off Soundacktor

Does the above require credits? And when would i need to purchase credits to perform a function?

Credits are only necessary if you do not want to do the long coding or adaption as mentioned in the other post, there are one click apps for certain changes and you can view a list of these on the ODBeleven.com website. You can get additional credits by listening to ads once you log in to your account. I have seen where you can add up to 6 credits a day and you do not have to purchase any.

20ls01

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTI 2016
It does not require any credits if you purchase the Pro version.

You can change everything you need manually in the adaptation channels or via long coding following one of the many guides out there.

I have coded on a dozen different cars, never used a single credit.

Mine does not do this, at least that I've noticed in the last 3 years. There may be a setting for it in the MIBII as well based on the last line of some VCDS coding instructions I've seen:

Code:
Automatic air recirculation
08 - Auto HVAC
Coding - 07
Long Coding Helper
Byte 4 (remember the first byte is 0)
Enable Bit 4-5 “10 Recirculation Air settings (after ignition cycle) stored”
In head unit, AC settings

I'm in your area if you want to code a few things I'm happy to meet up and do it for you. I live and work in the South Bay if you are down here. Then you don't have to buy one if you don't really want to.

Thanks for the offer and explanation. I do plan to buy OBDeleven PRO incase i want to make changes to my car during my ownership of my vehicle.

Regarding the AC turning on automatically when pressing the recirculate button - maybe they added this to the 2018 models? So OBDeleven pro can turn off this feature?

Last edited:

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
I just bought a bunch of credit in the beginning so that I can maximize the OBD11's features and use it freely without worrying about credits. I use to have a GTI too while I owned my Golf-R (use to Golf everyday..) so it was quite useful.

VDubberinDE

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
The only thing about the one click apps are they have had bugs in the past that have messed up the coding. It is much better to do the coding yourself, so you can undo it if something goes wrong. It is very easy to do the coding yourself. The One click apps are kind of like a black box and you can't be sure what they are changing even with the History.
This have been talked about on the OBD forum many times. Forget the credits and code it manually.

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Will the changes you made in OBDeleven be reset if you disconnect your battery?

No, but I have had instances where one of my cars when in for dealer service and I noticed changes had to be re-coded. So, likely the dealer needed to load factory defaults in that case for some reason.

20ls01

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTI 2016
No, but I have had instances where one of my cars when in for dealer service and I noticed changes had to be re-coded. So, likely the dealer needed to load factory defaults in that case for some reason.
Oh ok right on.
Just to confirm, there is a code to keep AC off when I hit the recirculation button?

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Oh ok right on.
Just to confirm, there is a code to keep AC off when I hit the recirculation button?

Well, I don't have an MK7.5 and don't know if that is a change in behavior for the climate control system that was made for that year or not.

If there is not already a setting within your media unit for A/C control, you haven't said if you have checked there, I would think that something like that would be able to be coded on or off fairly easily within the Adaptations for the climate control system.

Might take some poking around with your favorite search engine, or posting in the appropriate OBDEleven Thread to get an answer.

Stanislao

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Gti 2018
Im considering purchasing an obdeleven pro. Im a little thrown off by how credits work and what functions actually requires credit/$

Turn off Soundacktor

You just can watch their ads for one credit each, you are only allowed to watch 5 per day.

Thats how I got Scandinavian tail lights lol