GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBDeleven next gen coding list

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
I tweaked ESC OFF (completely..?) with one press instead of holding the button, yes.

Supposedly, this deactivates factory traction control 100 percent. However I cannot confirm if the car does burnouts now or not.
Ah, so it just puts the button up on the screen for easier use. I wasn't sure if it just turned everything off permanently then this winter would be a handful LOL

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
You can program the ESC button in a few ways. I have mine set up single press is sport (or whatever the press/hold was from the factory) and press/hold is completely off.

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG

beflythis

Passed Driver's Ed
You can program the ESC button in a few ways. I have mine set up single press is sport (or whatever the press/hold was from the factory) and press/hold is completely off.

careful with turning it all the way off; read a blog of a formal racecar driver discussing the differences in traction control with this setting, and he basically says the "nanny" controls help hugely if you are not a trained professional driver [and do not have a formal education in 1) what's occurring and 2) how to correct it...] he says "you WILL ditch your car if you hoon it with the traction all the way off... use at your own discretion".

I've curbed my car with it all the way off. (brakes locked, entered a side slide with no control, likely understeered because amateur) So yeah... listen where I didn't. strongly reco only turning it entirely off in drag-only / 100% straight line racing.