GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Obd11 Reverse Mirror Dip Help

MysticBlueX3

Ready to race!
I have a 2017 Golf 1.8t. It’s a 5mt if that matters. Trying to code mirrors to dip when in reverse. I can’t find Spiegelabsenkung be Rueckwaertsfahrt in comfort access 2 (ZV Komfort in 2017 models). Anyone have any suggestions? I was able to do windows up and down via key fob with no problems. Thanks!

Last edited:

MysticBlueX3

Ready to race!
So I found it. It was in Spiegelverstellung and not Confort Access 2 or ZV Konfort. However I activated both Spiegelabsenkung be Rueckwaertsfahrt and Menuesteuerung Spiegelabsenkung with no luck. Mirror doesn’t dip when in reverse. It shows lowering in reverse in the mirror and wiper setting. And the box is checked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Are you sure you have the correct window module?

MysticBlueX3

Ready to race!

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
The mirror dip capability is manage by the door module.

Tac

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'18 R & '17 GTI
Did you install power folding mirrors? You need the memory module that they come with to store the dip settings. In addition to that, as Jose_Gti states, you need highline door control modules too, an easy way to tell if you have them is to see if you have an LED strip in your front doors. No strip, no highline door modules.

MysticBlueX3

Ready to race!
If you don't have the right control module, you can't do it. Do your mirrors even support it?

How do you know if your mirror support it?

MysticBlueX3

Ready to race!
What's your part numbers?

Where do I find the part number? Do I remove the mirror cover to find it? Sorry. Total noob here. Thanks for the help.

edrex

Ready to race!
also i think the mirror switch has to be on the right side for it to work

OP, this is an important step and easy to miss - did you make sure the mirror adjustment knob is twisted to the right as though you were going to adjust that mirror?
Sorry to reiterate if you already knew this

MysticBlueX3

Ready to race!
OP, this is an important step and easy to miss - did you make sure the mirror adjustment knob is twisted to the right as though you were going to adjust that mirror?

Sorry to reiterate if you already knew this

Yes. The knob is twisted to the right positioned over the ”R”.

Tac

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'18 R & '17 GTI
Did you install power folding mirrors? You need the memory module that they come with to store the dip settings. In addition to that, as Jose_Gti states, you need highline door control modules too, an easy way to tell if you have them is to see if you have an LED strip in your front doors. No strip, no highline door modules.

Everything you need to know if this is possible on your car is in my post. If you are missing any part, you're not going to have fully working mirror dipping.

MysticBlueX3

Ready to race!

No. No power folding mirrors =(

I guess it’s a good reason to get some! Add another one to the mod list =)

What is the door control module? Is it the knob/module on the driver door that adjust the mirrors?