GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBD11 blind spot indicators brightness adjustment

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
makes me wonder what they were really seeing đŸ¤”
Forgive the gratuitous philosophy, but most likely they were "seeing" what they wanted to see - this can often be much more palatable than reality!!(y)

Don

Last edited:

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Trying to do this on my GLI but need more help. Is this under 09-Cent. Elect. set adaptations? If not, where please? Thanks much.
@dequardo: Hi

As I said in my post:
hmm...... it really depends on the "series" of the module for BSM (it's @ address hex3C on the car's CAN network) and it also depends on the firmware, ......on my MQB platform vehicle (A3, 8V) with 3Q0 907 566 F module..........

So - not "09-Cent. Elect" - the correct module is hex3C, or in OBD11 speak "3C Lane Change Assistant"
And - yes "adaptation"
But - again, it depends on your module version (I suspect)

Don

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Yeah not sure where to find "3C Lane Change Assistant" if it’s buried among the OBDeleven menus. Unless it’s just not there. I know Carista can do it.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Yeah not sure where to find "3C Lane Change Assistant" if it’s buried among the OBDeleven menus. Unless it’s just not there. I know Carista can do it.
Carista finally has a lifetime price now. I think it's $89. It's the easiest to use also.

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Have it in my gateway list but not that adaptation in obd11.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210527-205613.png
    Screenshot_20210527-205613.png
    211.4 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Carista finally has a lifetime price now. I think it's $89. It's the easiest to use also.
The BSM level change can be done for free via beta.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Yes but only certain settings are available in the beta version

o_a_ravi

Go Kart Newbie
Thought I would share that I finally figured out how to adjust the brightness of the blind spot indicator via VCDS! Go to 09 central electronics --> adaptations --> turn signal control --> Warnblinktastersuchbeleuchtung Grundwert. Here you'll see a percentage value controlling the intensity of the LED. Stock value is 10 with a valid range from 0-127. You're welcome! ?

So based on the finding from the very first post from this thread, i tried this on my vehicle. set the value from 10 to 127., no change in brightness for the blindspot indicators., but the Hazard button (triangle button) on the dash above the center AC vent is now lighting up like a bright brake light. Wondering if this adaption is the right one for the BSM lights on the mirror.

Doing a google translation the german word for 'Warnblinktastersuchbeleuchtung Grundwert. ' is 'Hazard warning button search lighting basic value.' which makes sense why my hazard switch is so bright.

Is this is the same for others who tried as well ? :rolleyes:

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
So based on the finding from the very first post from this thread, i tried this on my vehicle. set the value from 10 to 127., no change in brightness for the blindspot indicators., but the Hazard button (triangle button) on the dash above the center AC vent is now lighting up like a bright brake light. Wondering if this adaption is the right one for the BSM lights on the mirror.

Doing a google translation the german word for 'Warnblinktastersuchbeleuchtung Grundwert. ' is 'Hazard warning button search lighting basic value.' which makes sense why my hazard switch is so bright.

Is this is the same for others who tried as well ? :rolleyes:
Yes OP was mistaken in what they were attempting to do; that's very definitely for changing the brightness of the hazard button light.

laurierayr

Car(s)
a motor car
Thought I would share that I finally figured out how to adjust the brightness of the blind spot indicator via VCDS! Go to 09 central electronics --> adaptations --> turn signal control --> Warnblinktastersuchbeleuchtung Grundwert. Here you'll see a percentage value controlling the intensity of the LED. Stock value is 10 with a valid range from 0-127. You're welcome! ?
JUST info for MK7.5 owners ... Have a 2020 MK7.5 R AND SETTINGS DIFFERENT... and 'turn signal control' does not exist under 09 adaptations on OBD11 ... do however have a 'Leuchte 35 LED Warnblinktaster C48' >Lichtfunktion A 15 ... where 'Warnblinktaster_Suchbeleuchtung' is activated (about 35 options to choose from) ... THEN if you scroll down list after 'Lichtfunktion A 15' in adaptions to 'Dimmwert AB 15' you can reset ...0-127 BUT already set on 100 on my car. .... Found this before where entries for the MK7 are different to the MK7.5 ... always have to check using correct coding etc for the correct car and hardware.

Cosmic Heretic

Car(s)
2019 GTI Autobahn
JUST info for MK7.5 owners ... Have a 2020 MK7.5 R AND SETTINGS DIFFERENT... and 'turn signal control' does not exist under 09 adaptations on OBD11 ... do however have a 'Leuchte 35 LED Warnblinktaster C48' >Lichtfunktion A 15 ... where 'Warnblinktaster_Suchbeleuchtung' is activated (about 35 options to choose from) ... THEN if you scroll down list after 'Lichtfunktion A 15' in adaptions to 'Dimmwert AB 15' you can reset ...0-127 BUT already set on 100 on my car. .... Found this before where entries for the MK7 are different to the MK7.5 ... always have to check using correct coding etc for the correct car and hardware.
Thanks for this. It is really bad that we can't go brighter than this and have an audible warning for blind spot monitoring. Very botched implementation by VW on this feature!