GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBD11 blind spot indicators brightness adjustment

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Set to 127%. Obviously no noticeable difference from 100%.

Too bad it doesn't glow as bright as it does on startup / when you enable BSM.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Set mine to 100. Doesn't seem much brighter but anything's better than it was. I suspect if we could set it as bright as the test mode it would burn them out quickly.

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
Great find! Will try this on my 2019 GTI.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
So does this work or not? Same say yes and some say no.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I'm trying this at lunch

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
So the brightness (of the BSM) was never actually changing? This is why I only believe about 1% of the things I read on forums 😂😂

hmm...... it really depends on the "series" of the module for BSM (it's @ address hex3C on the car's CAN network) and it also depends on the firmware, but on my MQB platform vehicle (A3, 8V) with 3Q0 907 566 F module, the following adaptation channel appears:

..And changing to "very bright" DOES make a big difference!!

Don

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
hmm...... it really depends on the "series" of the module for BSM (it's @ address hex3C on the car's CAN network) and it also depends on the firmware, but on my MQB platform vehicle (A3, 8V) with 3Q0 907 566 F module, the following adaptation channel appears:

Don
This makes a lot more sense Don. The earlier commenters were changing “hazard lights button” (warnblinktaster) adaptation in the Central Electrics module so it makes me wonder what they were really seeing 🤔

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI

Don
Trying to do this on my GLI but need more help. Is this under 09-Cent. Elect. set adaptations? If not, where please? Thanks much.