GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBD11 blind spot indicators brightness adjustment

Sportwagen SEL

Ready to race!
Thought I would share that I finally figured out how to adjust the brightness of the blind spot indicator via VCDS! Go to 09 central electronics --> adaptations --> turn signal control --> Warnblinktastersuchbeleuchtung Grundwert. Here you'll see a percentage value controlling the intensity of the LED. Stock value is 10 with a valid range from 0-127. You're welcome! ?

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Wow. How bright is 127?

Sportwagen SEL

Ready to race!
Wow. How bright is 127?

Have you ever messed with the footwell or door LED settings on the infotainment system? As you probably already know, It goes from 0-100% in increments of 10 and for whatever reason, it seems to be somewhat of a logarithmic curve -- i.e. The first setting, 10% is much brighter than a tenth of full output, and as you keep going upwards, the amount the brightness increases becomes less and less each time.

This module seems to behave in a similar fashion. I hardly noticed a difference when I first tried it at 20. However, I did notice a big difference when I tried it at 100. I'm actually running it at 127 now and I love it! It's a lot brighter but not TOO insanely so IMHO. If you want to see approximately how bright it will be, try disabling the blind spot monitor and then turning it back on (you will see the indicator glow at full power for a split second).

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Such a great find. Thanks for sharing.

Yes, I am familiar with the differences in the brightness range from tweaking DRL and tail light settings. Thanks for the solid explanation though.

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Sportswagon SEL: Kudos for the discovery!

Did you notice that there are actually two channels related to this activity under the "Parent" name Turn-signal-control. They are

Warnblinktastersuchbeleuchtung Grundwert, and
Warnblinktastersuchbeleuchtung Faktor

Your discovery is about the first channel, but I suspect that these work together. The second channel has a maximum value of 0.1 (10%) -did you try playing with this (perhaps lowering the value effects the "logarithmic" affect)?

Don

Sportwagen SEL

Ready to race!
Sportswagon SEL: Kudos for the discovery!

Did you notice that there are actually two channels related to this activity under the "Parent" name Turn-signal-control. They are

Warnblinktastersuchbeleuchtung Grundwert, and
Warnblinktastersuchbeleuchtung Faktor

Your discovery is about the first channel, but I suspect that these work together. The second channel has a maximum value of 0.1 (10%) -did you try playing with this (perhaps lowering the value effects the "logarithmic" affect)?

Don

No I haven't tried altering that 2nd channel yet! Thanks for the suggestion -- I'll experiment with it and see what happens!

TJN

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S
I just tried mine and have a range 0-255.

Mine was set to 10%. I bumped it to 100%.

Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

slow12s

Ready to race!
I made a thread about this issue awhile back and was told it couldn't be fixed through vcds settings...this is awesome, will it work through vag-com also or just an obd11 feature?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nate704

Go Kart Champion
I made a thread about this issue awhile back and was told it couldn't be fixed through vcds settings...this is awesome, will it work through vag-com also or just an obd11 feature?

I think this instruction was for the VCDS users, but I am sure OBD11 shouldn't be too different from it.

I am glad that I returned the OBD11 because you have to rely on the OBD11 developers for updates or fixes for the new model year vehicles and updates. I guess you get what you pay:cool:

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
I think this instruction was for the VCDS users, but I am sure OBD11 shouldn't be too different from it.

I am glad that I returned the OBD11 because you have to rely on the OBD11 developers for updates or fixes for the new model year vehicles and updates. I guess you get what you pay:cool:

OBD11 can do everything vcds can do lol