GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBD Eleven - Worth it or not..?

dcopping

Car(s)
Golf MK7 GTI
Guys. Thanks a lot for all your comments. After reading them I purchased a Pro version yesterday and now can't wait for it to arrive. I'm sure I will have a few more questions later once I have it but thanks again everyone. Glad I joined the forum now. ;)

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
VCDS>OBDeleven>Carista how much $ do you want to spend?

OP I think you made a good choice. Hint before you make ANY changes do a log of the OEM setup.

Mud

typo edit

Last edited:

dcopping

Car(s)
Golf MK7 GTI
VCDS>OBDeleven>Carista how much $ do you want to spend?

OP I think you made a good choice. Hint before you make ANT changes do a log of the OEM setup.

Mud
Thanks.. sounds like good advice.. I have already Stage 2 re-map on the car.. along with all the mods that go with it. Exhaust / de-cat / filter....etc...etc.. so to make a log of the current setting. can this be done as soon as I get the OBD eleven plugged in and before I make any changes..?

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Thanks.. sounds like good advice.. I have already Stage 2 re-map on the car.. along with all the mods that go with it. Exhaust / de-cat / filter....etc...etc.. so to make a log of the current setting. can this be done as soon as I get the OBD eleven plugged in and before I make any changes..?
I believe so. I'd have to fire it up and look, but I am fairly certain the process to log the settings is pretty straight forward. I don't recall having any issues, but it's been a minute since I got mine.

cb1111

Mud's advice is vital. You WILL screw something up and will need to revert back to where you were.

Also, only make one change at a time (at least until you get real comfy with OBDII) so that you don't go chasing your tail when something doesn't work.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Mud's advice is vital. You WILL screw something up and will need to revert back to where you were.

Also, only make one change at a time (at least until you get real comfy with OBDII) so that you don't go chasing your tail when something doesn't work.
Yeah, I activated some engine responsiveness tweak on my 19 Alltrack that disabled cruise control and all my driver assistance tech. It was an app though, so it was easy to revert. A lot of the other apps straight up didn’t work.

davcohen

Ready to race!
Honestly I keep mine in my glovebox and its awesome little thing especially to give you detailed info on your car, also helps if you randomly generate a code whilst driving you can work out whether your car will make it home or not lol

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Yes, worth it. Search/google for all the goodies, it's endless.