GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBD Eleven - Worth it or not..?

dcopping

Car(s)
Golf MK7 GTI
I am looking to purchase a OBD Eleven and just wanted to know what everyone thinks of them.. Heard they are good but are they really worth the money..? Also if you have one what kinda things did you do with it..

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
A friend gave it to me as a gift (Pro Version.) Prior to that I assumed it was overpriced and not really worth it, but it is actually incredibly useful.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Very worth it. Besides cool adjustments you can make on the fly, it will scan and clear any code that you have. Have you ever tried to code something in VCDS? I will not go through that pain again.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Yes

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
what they said. search member southpawboston for a list of things to do with it. I bought it to enable factory alarm on my 17 sport. adjusted fuel mpg readings, convenience blink, hill holder, window up/down with fob, radio on after door open, etc.

Mud

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
I like VCDS, but it is more involved and you get ross-tech forum support. If you question the expense of OBD 11 then VCDS is likely out of the question. Yes, OBD11 is so worth it.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
what they said. search member southpawboston for a list of things to do with it. I bought it to enable factory alarm on my 17 sport. adjusted fuel mpg readings, convenience blink, hill holder, window up/down with fob, radio on after door open, etc.

Mud
Did you see any benefit from messing with the hill hold?

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
I could feel it if I tested it by deliberate delaying clutch engagement (went to quick release) and it was more piece of mind to save wear on clutch. It still gives you 1-2 seconds of brake after releasing clutch which for me is more than enough. I didn't really notice it but the idea of saving clutch wear made me happy

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
I have used VCDS extensively and was apprehensive about OBDEleven and the credits system. I grabbed the pro version on a Black Friday sale and have no regrets. It’s capable and still gives you access to long coding of you don’t have the credits. It’s well worth the money for hobbyist/enthusiast.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
The OBDEleven is a great tool to get. Just make sure to get the pro version so you don't need to fuss with the quick settings/adaptations they have

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
👍 I bought the pro version as soon as I got the gti. Probably one of the best investment ive put in to the car. Lots of info on the web to code without using credits and you get a free credit everyday if you open the app. Compared to some of the other kids you can do for you vehicle this is one of the cheaper ones and it keeps on giving.

kevinkar

Drag Racing Champion
Absolutely. Once you get it and make the tweaks you want to, it's not as useful but it's good to have for when you need to check for error codes, etc. or change some settings back later when you don't like what you did.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Absolutely. Once you get it and make the tweaks you want to, it's not as useful but it's good to have for when you need to check for error codes, etc. or change some settings back later when you don't like what you did.
You can do the same thing with Carista and it's less expensive and easier and no long coding or credits.