GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBD Desperation

Bolivarjoy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI
I am willing to pay anyone who can help me clear the tire warning light from the dashboard of my 2019 GTI. I don’t know what the hell I did but two shops have been unable to fix it and neither can I.

Looking for an OBD11 guru who might be willing to walk me through getting it fixed. Willing to pay $100. Thanks, Greg

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I am willing to pay anyone who can help me clear the tire warning light from the dashboard of my 2019 GTI. I don’t know what the hell I did but two shops have been unable to fix it and neither can I.

Looking for an OBD11 guru who might be willing to walk me through getting it fixed. Willing to pay $100. Thanks, Greg
You're under warranty... take it to the dealer?

Bolivarjoy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI
Thanks for several PM replies. Let me rephrase my situation. I bought an OBD device and with it made some change to the car that activated the dashboard warning light for the tires. I need someone who knows the OBD tool really well and could get on the phone with me and walk me through some things for which I will pay that person for their time. Thanks. If you are that person I can PM you my phone number.

Bolivarjoy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI
I have gone through all the car's OEM tire system with no success. I changed something with the OBD device, it caused the dashboard warning light to come on, and a very professional and trusted auto shop, and a VW dealer shop, couldn't make it go away. The VW shop said it was somehow tied to the EQT tune on the car—something I don't believe is true. My work has restarted with a vengeance and I just don't have time to sit and play with it but was instead hoping someone here, or someone known by one of us, who is an expert with the OBD device, might help me. Believe me, I've put off writing the community until I was desperate. :)

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
I have gone through all the car's OEM tire system with no success. I changed something with the OBD device, it caused the dashboard warning light to come on, and a very professional and trusted auto shop, and a VW dealer shop, couldn't make it go away. The VW shop said it was somehow tied to the EQT tune on the car—something I don't believe is true. My work has restarted with a vengeance and I just don't have time to sit and play with it but was instead hoping someone here, or someone known by one of us, who is an expert with the OBD device, might help me. Believe me, I've put off writing the community until I was desperate. :)
Sorry to hear that. Just for shiggles have you contacted EQT just to cover your bases? I agree this shouldn’t have any effect. They pushing you out the door apparently.
What did you change with the device? What systems were you in? What type of device is it?

Bolivarjoy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI
I had wondered if I could do a reset using the OBD tool. I think the dealer didn’t want to really work on the warning light after they discovered it was tuned…I will call them and ask about a spec/actual svm. Thanks

Adurm

Go Kart Newbie
Just throwing this out there, have you disconnected the battery yet? Then reset your pressure level in the mib? Probably was the first thing you did but just making sure

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I would suspect an option was checked or unchecked in the ABS module if it's causing warnings for tires. If correct, there's obviously been an unwanted change already but if you ever get the time to poke around in there, write down or screenshot the current coding. That way you can try and fix it but at least you can get back to where you are now.