GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

O34

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I would stick with far more popular and proven tuning choices like Cobb + EQT.

Dubberz

Car(s)
2017 s3
I’ve just gone through the same predicament. I had the 034 ECU/TCU tunes installed for a couple of months on my s3. The ECU tune was fine, used a bit more gas than I would have liked, even when I just babied it, but had a good strong midrange and overall power delivery. 034 tune felt better to me than even the APR offering. Their TCU tune left a lot to be desired. In D, the shift schedule was pretty much the same as stock, just extra clamping force. In S, it was a lot better than stock. In S, the shift schedule was more useable than the stock S mode, but a bit high for daily use. For my driving preference, I wanted a TCU shift schedule between their D and S profile. Shift schedules are a bit subjective tho. I just got the EQT stage 1 OTS and Cobb DSG in yesterday. What I’ve noticed in a day is that the ECU tune is about the same as 034, but seems less gas consumption. The verdict is still out. I need more time in the car, but I am expecting most stage 1 tunes to be very similar.

I’ve been driving on the Cobb DSG “Sport“ tune yesterday, and that shift schedule was even better than 034’s, for my liking. Just got EQT’s file emailed to me this morning. Will install and provide more feedback on both ECU/TCU tunes, as I get more seat time. I like the Cobb/EQT more, as of now, for the ease of use, ability to sell the unit after use, and Ed @ EQT is very active in the MQB community and constantly improving his tunes with more transparency/version tracking than larger companies. 034 has a good product, at a competitive price point, and if you’re local, it’s worth a try since they have a money back guarantee.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
This is my first time even hearing 034 has a tune.