GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

O2 Sensor in Upper Position Mk 7/7.5 Golf R Issue

TraceMe

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Golf R DSG
Well, I feel like an idiot. I have had an O2 spacer on this O2 sensor and I need to remove it for emissions, but I cannot get the O2 sensor to thread into the slot. I feel like the village idiot. I have tried using the O2 sensor socket head, using the socket head with the extension, just using my hand, etc. Any tips or pointers would me much appreciated before I drive the car off a cliff.

Attachments

• IMG_8828.JPG
    IMG_8828.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 100

TraceMe

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Golf R DSG
Well if they fucked up the threads when they put that on (honestly, WTF) then you're probably going to need a new exhaust housing. Make sure there's no o-rings/gaskets in there first. The O2 sensor should easily start threading in by hand.
Well, if anything, the threads on the o2 sensor are effed. The spacer threaded in easily when I put it back. I figured it would be a very quick fix, turned out to be a headache when it wouldn't thread.

So for now I put it all back, but it is a dumb thing they had. Probably going to order another sensor and see if it has the same issues.

You can confirm it is a spacer, right? There aren't many videos on this since nobody should be replacing or taking this off yet.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Well, if anything, the threads on the o2 sensor are effed. The spacer threaded in easily when I put it back. I figured it would be a very quick fix, turned out to be a headache when it wouldn't thread.

So for now I put it all back, but it is a dumb thing they had. Probably going to order another sensor and see if it has the same issues.

You can confirm it is a spacer, right? There aren't many videos on this since nobody should be replacing or taking this off yet.
sure looks like a spacer to me.

keep in mind the 2019 R has a different O2 sensor part number than the earlier cars. double-check with a dealer you're ordering the correct one. (has a different pin-out, the wrong one won't plug into the harness).

TraceMe

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Golf R DSG
sure looks like a spacer to me.

keep in mind the 2019 R has a different O2 sensor part number than the earlier cars. double-check with a dealer you're ordering the correct one. (has a different pin-out, the wrong one won't plug into the harness).

06k-906-265C is the correct one seemingly. I called the dealer. Part matched what was on the car.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
That's a spacer and definitely should not be there. Your car depends on that sensor getting a correct reading for fuel management. Hopefuly your car is not tuned also. Get a new sensor in there WITHOUT the spacer, asap.

TraceMe

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Golf R DSG
There was another extender in there for the extender LOL. O2 sensor is in without anything else, it is all back to normal, crisis averted, my idiocracy moment eternalized.