GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Numerous rattles

richiekuk

Ready to race!
Im sure there have been threads regarding rattles. But i thought i'd share mine in case anyone has had the same ones and has sorted them.

Passenger A pillar trim. Vibrates like mad over rough road surfaces. Doesn't really make noise over bumps.

Rear passenger side interior trim (3 door). Again vibrates like mad over rough road surfaces.

Centre console. around the gear selector area. Rattles over bumps.

My car has done 4000 miles and Its been into VW 4 times and always come out the same or worse! And its driving me mad!

Anyone have any ideas?

Jared

Ready to race!
Im sure there have been threads regarding rattles. But i thought i'd share mine in case anyone has had the same ones and has sorted them.

Passenger A pillar trim. Vibrates like mad over rough road surfaces. Doesn't really make noise over bumps.

Rear passenger side interior trim (3 door). Again vibrates like mad over rough road surfaces.

Centre console. around the gear selector area. Rattles over bumps.

My car has done 4000 miles and Its been into VW 4 times and always come out the same or worse! And its driving me mad!

Anyone have any ideas?

I have experienced most of the issue besides the one pertaining to the 3-door considering I have a 4-door but the one next to the a-frame and gearbox I have and am in the same boat, hopefully someone will come around with a solution...

richiekuk

Ready to race!
Here's 1 way to stop rattles

RDPOE

Mine is in the shop as we speak for a ceiling console and driver's side window vent rattle. Finger's crossed I don't come out with more than I started with...

richiekuk

Ready to race!
Mine is in the shop as we speak for a ceiling console and driver's side window vent rattle. Finger's crossed I don't come out with more than I started with...

Mine went in and they replaced some panels. It did indeed come out with more rattles than it had when it went in.
It's going in again on Saturday for a new rear quarter panel and to sort the A pillar trim. This is the 4th visit!!

RDPOE

No additional rattles, but they definitely didn't fix them. Going back in next week. They also managed to put 13 miles on my car while in their "care." Next week will come with an explicit request to drive it no more than in and out of the garage.

Tyler Durden

Ready to race!
No additional rattles, but they definitely didn't fix them. Going back in next week. They also managed to put 13 miles on my car while in their "care." Next week will come with an explicit request to drive it no more than in and out of the garage.

They will have to drive the car in real world conditions in order to replicate the rattles. If they manage to locate the rattles it is down to test drive after test drive in order to rectify that sort of problem.

13 miles isn't bad at all, I had well over a 100 km added whilst my local dealership went through the trial and error / fix to sort my wind noise issues.

nboard11

Mine started as a slight rattle sounding like it was coming from the Centre of my dash, inside. But have read and think it could be my throw out bearing as it's gotten worse and relies on being under throttle at mid rpm when the cars pulling. Manual tdi, anyone else think this possible at 10,000 miles?

Last edited:

thunderstrk

Mine started as a slight rattle sounding like it was coming from the Centre of my dash, inside. But have read and think it could be my throw out bearing as it's gotten worse and relies on being under throttle at mid rpm when the cars pulling. Manual tdi, anyone else think this possible at 10,000 miles?

i have a similar rattle and it's happening at low speeds over small bumps or when the car vibrates from too low rpm in 2nd gear..like if you let the speed drop too much in 2nd gear and then press the throttle..you can hear it. hmm

Barb351

Ready to race!
Mine is going in on Wednesday next week for buzzing coming from just under the carbon effect strip on drivers door and a creak from drivers door on uneven surfaces. They want the car for 2 days. Am also asking about the auto wipers which do several sweeps on start up even when screen is bone dry. I have checked sensor and it is clean.

element515

Ready to race!
Center console could be that little flap for when you move the arm rest forward and back. I ripped that out and it's much better. The only rattle I have now is somewhere in the ceiling. Can't figure out is it's something to do with the console up there or the sun shade.

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf
Possibly a tad high but they were doing shakedowns tests I guess to make the thing rattle. The last car I dumped, a then new but still current Astra on PCP, had numerous electrical faults none could be reproduced so they gave me a loan car for a week while one of the technicians "could drive it to and from work to recreate and identify the faults". Fine as it goes, though I was less than happy at this arrangement, but when none of the faults could, not surprsingly as it happens, be indentified, I enquired how far away that particular techincian lived as the car had only covered 0.8 miles in that time. I binned the car soon after. On the other hand, a mates car covered 36 miles over 2 days while apparently sitting in the workshop awaiting parts, must have been used the dealer's sandwich run and the odd pizza delivery....