GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Novus Plastic Polish

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
I haven't used Novus but I've used Plexus, a similar product. Does a great job on motorcycle helmet face shields and did "ok" on my initial R's cluster plastic. But for the piano black trim & glossy infotainment screen of the Mk7.5, I prefer using an anti-stat cleaner like Cockpit Premium. Does a decent job repelling dust, though it's obviously not gonna fill scratches.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Yeah, Novus is good. Just make sure you apply it with a quality, soft microfiber. I just use a paint glaze for the Piano Black, Menzerna or Chemical Guys, whichever I grab first.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
Yeah, Novus is good. Just make sure you apply it with a quality, soft microfiber. I just use a paint glaze for the Piano Black, Menzerna or Chemical Guys, whichever I grab first.

Thanks, mind linking a couple of the paint glazes you'd recommend? I haven't used one before.

jcaff139

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2012 GTI 6MT
I’ve used the novus kit for removing swirls in my taillights. Worked really well actually.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
I’ve used the novus kit for removing swirls in my taillights. Worked really well actually.

Yeah that seems like a good use for it. I am just afraid it might be too harsh on shiny interior plastics.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Yeah that seems like a good use for it. I am just afraid it might be too harsh on shiny interior plastics.
Oh, all three levels of Novus are super mild. Like I said, I use a regular glaze for light swirls on the piano black. Remember that you can use any level of polish as long as you follow up with progressively finer polishes.
For headlights and tail lights, I tend to just run the random orbital over them at the same time I do the paint, finishing with a glaze and then a sealant.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
Oh, all three levels of Novus are super mild. Like I said, I use a regular glaze for light swirls on the piano black. Remember that you can use any level of polish as long as you follow up with progressively finer polishes.

Ah okay, I guess it's worth a try then. The scratches I found while cleaning my interior the other day really aren't noticeable under normal conditions tbh, but now I know they are there they still bug me lol