GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NOT For Sale: 2015 Golf R, DSG, Chicagoland

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
NOT FOR SALE ANYMORE, CURRENTLY. WILL UPDATE LATER IF CIRCUMSTANCES CHANGE.

I suppose you're all wondering why I've brought you here today. Maybe I am too :ROFLMAO:
You can have the last laugh this time, fellow forum trolls.

Due to popular demand, I am considering selling my beautiful Golf R. In other words, kind of for sale!
Real (really, only) reasons are: I want a manual car again, and my wife doesn't have a car currently. So I'm hoping, if i sell this, to buy 2 cars, one for me, one for her.
If it doesn't sell, that's just fine, and maybe down the line i will manual swap this one and get something new for her. I seriously love this car, Golf R has been my dream car since it first came out, so it's perfect! Just not manual enough.

May consider a trade, if you have a manual R, GTI, or Audi! After all I will likely be in such a market if this does sell - maybe a MK6? You never know... ;)

So here we go.
2015 Golf R, DSG, DCC, parking assist, slicktop, currently ~72,000 miles.
I am the 2nd owner, as of 64959 miles, as of November of 2021. The original owner seemed like an awesome dude and lived in Georgia, so last winter was her first time seeing salt and doing snownuts. Original owner was very serious about the maintenance of the car, and provided a binder full of receipts and checklists to verify everything has always been up to date on this ride, and I have kept on with the tradition ever since.

Current maintenance stats:
  • Spark plus: Swapped around 67000 miles (NGK Ruthiums)
  • Tires: New Michelin Pilot Sport AS/4's on new wheels at 67989 miles
  • Carbon Cleaning: 71247 miles
  • DSG Flush: 71247 miles
  • Brakes: Zimmermann Rotors and Z23 Brake pads all around at 69300 miles
  • Coolant: Just flushed (had to replace a coolant shut off valve that directs hot coolant to the heater core to get heat) - Done at dealership!
  • Oil: Changed at 70027 miles
  • I polished the paint like a month or so ago and sealed it with Adam's Advanced Graphene Ceramic Coating, so it looks brand new

So, in other words, she is ready to roll and you shouldn't have to worry about anything for quite some time. If you are a real sticker, I think it's starting to come due for strut mounts and/or sway bar end links (starting to notice light clunks here and there in certain situations, definitely not that bad yet)

Mods:
Performance:

• APR DTR6054 Turbo kit. Includes turbo, low pressure fuel pump, high pressure fuel pump, and software. Should be good for about 400 WHP, and certainly feels like it! Its designed to be a safe, emissions compliant 'off the shelf' kit. VS the IS38/IS20 cars, this turbo trades some low end thrust for high end power. Sounds like a whistling diesel. Drives very predictably and it's a great setup.
  • Also, this was installed at 68433 miles. Car was stage 2 prior, for ~20,000 miles I believe.
  • APR Catch Can (not mounted anywhere, just kinda sitting in the bay due to different aftermarket intake lol)
  • COBB Intake
  • GFB DV+ Diverter valve
  • APR Stage 3 Transmission tune (allows car to rev to ~7200 rpm)
  • Stock turbo-back exhaust

Wheels/Tires/Brakes:
  • Michelin Pilot Sport AS/4 225/40/18
  • Konig Ampliform 18x8
  • Racingline Stud Conversion, Open ended extended nuts
  • Z23 Pads and Zimmermann Slotted Rotors

Visual/interior/exterior:
  • OEM 7.5 Euro Taillights
  • Leyo Shift Knob and HVAC control knobs
  • 4 sets of floor mats! OEM Rubber mats, 2 sets of OEM 'Mojo' mats, and some diamond pattern fancy ones with blue thread.
  • Windshield Banner
  • Rennwagen Spoiler Extension
  • Black upper grille, blacked out all chome on the car, replaced R badges, etc

All known flaws:
  • One tiny paint chip on drivers A-Pillar
  • Rear window tint has a scuff of some sort you may notice
  • Like said above, probably coming due for strut mounts/end links
  • Front window switch auto-down seems to be spotty, may need replacing (yes i've done the reset procedure)
  • Steering wheel leather is scuffed up, was considering wrapping it sometime soon but haven't done it yet. Will update this post if I fix that sooner.
  • Car won't pass emissions in Illinois as of this moment, due to an APR Software 'issue' on their new DTR6054 turbo tune. Sounds like this should be resolved in the coming weeks. If i need to pass emissions I am planning on swapping a stock low pressure fuel pump in, flashing tune to stock and passing emissions that way.

Price: $29,000 OBO. I can assist with meeting up, helping to secure financing, and navigate you through the sale if you are new to buying cars private sale.

1663616515761.png

1663616571712.png

1663616600732.png

1663616680301.png

1663616711295.png

1663616732255.png

1663616740701.png

1663616753602.png

1663616765627.png

1663616779224.png

One video of a launch on the turbo setup (no, I don't always drive my car like this lol)
and one of just cruising aorund

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Willing to ship?

$500 shipped.

j/k. Good luck with the sale.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
🤔🤔🤔 wonder how fast I could sell my gti...

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
In all honesty. Idk if this is for sale anymore. Lol. I love this car and am really leaning toward manual swapping it sometime down the road

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Willing to ship?

$500 shipped.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
I'm local I can do $450 picked up

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
In all honesty. Idk if this is for sale anymore. Lol. I love this car and am really leaning toward manual swapping it sometime down the road

I don't blame you, it looks great.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
You still looking for a cheap IC? Saw someone in one of the FB groups selling the eBay bicooler for $200.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
How do you like the APR DTR turbo? Ik its all top end but I am curious.
Tbh i like it alot. Simple, to-be emissions compliant, cheap. Predictable. Safe and conservative. Sounds great. Could have spent a fair bit more and gone vortex for moar power across the board but didnt.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
You still looking for a cheap IC? Saw someone in one of the FB groups selling the eBay bicooler for $200.
Thanks bud, trying to avoid zhong zhong parts mostly.