GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Noob, wheel info.

AntErrickson

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI Autobahn
Here is my car.

Its a sportwagen, so it is not quite the same, but hopefully it can help.
Love a good Sportwagon. I think I want to go a little lower than that. It looks like the Bilstein PSS B14 coil over kit will take me there.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Love a good Sportwagon. I think I want to go a little lower than that. It looks like the Bilstein PSS B14 coil over kit will take me there.
For reference , This was before I was on air and different wheels...

Spulen comp springs-
737C018F-E7AB-4AF1-A21C-F146A5A9FAD7.jpeg
9806A61C-0261-41B2-9DB2-AF76F92DAD84.jpeg

AntErrickson

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI Autobahn

ginsy

Ready to race!
Thanks, yeah this was taken about a day after I installed them so they have settled a decent amount since then, but I dont have any newer pictures with the summers on it.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
See that’s exactly where I want to be!

Could you give more detail on the wheels sizing/offset/spacers?

Spulen Comp Springs on stock struts?
That exact fitment in those pics:
Wheels - 18x7.5 et51
Tires - 235/40/18 (mp4s run wider than other brands)
Spacers: 15mm front, 20mm rear

Yes I was on stock struts and they worked perfectly fine and rode great, but to be noted when I put springs on them the car only had 4000 miles and by the time the car was at 18k i already installed air ride and removed them.

Raginrhino

Car(s)
2018 VW GTI S
Has anybody gone with 18 x 8.5 ET35 wheels with 235/40/18 tires on the stock suspension? Would I get any rubbing issues? Pros and cons of each?

Ive seen some setups with the rims I’d like with 225/40/18 with no rubbing or trimming (see pic and link - https://www.fitmentindustries.com/w...olkswagen-gti-aodhan-ah-x-bc-racing-coilovers)
BA45AA7B-843C-4843-AA00-BAA018A32DD4.png

I’d like to get this exact setup minus coilovers, BUT I just don’t like how much the rim protruded from the tire. Milwaukee roads aren’t that forgiving and I am worried about curbing it.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
At stock height the front could rub with a 235 on big bumps and stock camber.

I’ve run both 235/40 and 225/40s on my 8.5” wheels... pics for stretch reference below.

Pros and cons
235s rode more comfortable since there was less stretch and taller side walls. But the 225s work better for the fitment I’m chasing and I prefer the look. Also 225 are a few bucks cheaper lol.

Tire brand will play into it, as even the 225s have have the rim protecter protruded (rough roads don’t curb wheels though.. drivers do)
225:
22C789BF-2C46-45D4-9656-4F95DD96BC12.jpeg

235:
03C6AD77-010A-4676-BEBB-A84ED8CEFD26.jpeg

JPB WORLDWIDE

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 Golf R, RIP GTI S
Bout to put on ST Coils next week, and I have 18 x 8 aftermarket wheels, and Im just going to throw spacers in (ECS has a flush kit). Im sire instead of worrying about all these different wheel and tire combos, just put the wheels and springs on and put the spacers in to your wants. I also have 225 tires, just one up from OEM size. I will post photos next week.