GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Non vent gauge pod solution!

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I already had a line connected from the tap in my FMIC, so I reused it. Standard 3mm silicone vacuum tubing .... worked perfectly
Thanks. I wonder if this 4mm tubing would be too thick then. Just needs to fit snug into the rubber couplers on each end I guess.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
What's used to hold the mount down to the column? Looks like it doesn't fit very well and sticks up in places? Maybe it's just in the pics, but that would drive me nuts.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
What's used to hold the mount down to the column? Looks like it doesn't fit very well and sticks up in places? Maybe it's just in the pics, but that would drive me nuts.

right now, nothing but the friction of the back end fitting in between the steering column and the dash. Pretty good fit, but does have some side to side movement which I’ll fix with 3m tape

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
I haven't checked to see if this would be possible, but a complete replacement piece for the top of the column would be way better. Obviously it'd be more expensive. But it sure would look better.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I haven't checked to see if this would be possible, but a complete replacement piece for the top of the column would be way better. Obviously it'd be more expensive. But it sure would look better.
Agree. I’d gladly pay for better fitment. Guess any similar shaped pod could be mounted in that spot though.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Agree. I’d gladly pay for better fitment. Guess any similar shaped pod could be mounted in that spot though.
Well...this is a mk6 part as the OP stated.
A total replacement would definitely be more expensive and this piece only needs a tad of securing, otherwise is great