GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Non vent gauge pod solution!

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Nice! I would have done this instead of the P3 if I knew about it back then. I was looking a couple years ago and didn't find anything specific to the Mk7. I had the steering column setup on my B5 S4.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Nice! I would have done this instead of the P3 if I knew about it back then.
This was exactly the thought that went through my head when this thread popped up. I still really like my P3 gauge but it would be nice to have full use of the vent.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
I've got one of these from my mK6 that fits perfectly on my mK7.. If anyone's interested, pm me an offer..

The Butcher

Autocross Champion
View from the left. If your steering wheel is pushed all the way forward, it probably won't work for you. This is with about 1.5" left to go.
20200722_132037.jpg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Gauge wire Red to Switch Wire Black/Yellow (switched power)
Gauge wire Black Switch Wire Brown (ground)
Gauge wire Yellow Switch Wire Gray (dash lighting)
One more.....do you have auto on/off headlights and AFS? What year/package is yours? I'm in an 18 SE with AFS and auto on/off and the wiring can be screwy.

The Butcher

Autocross Champion
One more.....do you have auto on/off headlights and AFS? What year/package is yours? I'm in an 18 SE with AFS and auto on/off and the wiring can be screwy.
I do have auto on/off but the MK7 35th GLI doesn't have AFS. The wiring instructions I gave are for a GTI that does though.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I do have auto on/off but the MK7 35th GLI doesn't have AFS. The wiring instructions I gave are for a GTI that does though.
Rock on!!!

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
View from the left. If your steering wheel is pushed all the way forward, it probably won't work for you. This is with about 1.5" left to go.View attachment 180531
Oh this won’t let the wheel go all the way in? Yeah I push mine in fully right now.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Need to open up the back there and adjust it to read 0 when its off.
Just saw that.... off by a few.... I’m “okay” with that.... for now

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Keep in mind, it's not 100% as shown in my second picture.

For wiring, the included instructions are different than the MK7. On the headlight switch you want to tap the following:

Gauge wire Red to Switch Wire Black/Yellow (switched power)
Gauge wire Black Switch Wire Brown (ground)
Gauge wire Yellow Switch Wire Gray (dash lighting)

The rest is hooking up the boost line and mounting 3M tape to mount the pod to the column.
Thanks for this! My newsouth gauge i took out of my mk6 doesnt light up correctly hoping to try this way and fix it STAT

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Any idea what size the boost hose/tubing is that comes with the USP kit? Inner/outer diameter? It’s usually stamped onto the tubing.

I’ve already got it a line running from a previously installed gauge and would like to just use that if possible. It’s 4mm outer diameter and 2.5mm inner diameter.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Any idea what size the boost hose/tubing is that comes with the USP kit? Inner/outer diameter? It’s usually stamped onto the tubing.

I’ve already got it a line running from a previously installed gauge and would like to just use that if possible. It’s 4mm outer diameter and 2.5mm inner diameter.
I already had a line connected from the tap in my FMIC, so I reused it. Standard 3mm silicone vacuum tubing .... worked perfectly