GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Non vent gauge pod solution!

The Butcher

Autocross Champion
MK7 GLI, but we share the same steering column. Wanted to share this in case anyone wants a gauge mounted somewhere other than the vents. This is the New South MK6 kit and it worked wonderfully on my GLI. The only part that doesn't sit quite flush is nearest the steering column, but it's barely noticeable.

Working outside in 90-100 degrees, I need all the vents for AC I can get.
20200717_180832.jpg
20200717_202744.jpg
20200718_092055.jpg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I have used their column mounts on my B5 passat and MK4 GLI....love those mounts! Are you saying this would work on a MK7 GTI? Is the GLI and GTI steering column the same? I think I would opt for this over my current CJM vent pod.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
hmm i would like my drivers AC vent back...

The Butcher

Autocross Champion
I have used their column mounts on my B5 passat and MK4 GLI....love those mounts! Are you saying this would work on a MK7 GTI? Is the GLI and GTI steering column the same? I think I would opt for this over my current CJM vent pod.
Correct. I have confirmed with my VW service advisor that MK7 GTI/R/GLI all use the same steering column.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Correct. I have confirmed with my VW service advisor that MK7 GTI/R/GLI all use the same steering column.
But you said you were using a MK6 version on your 7?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

The Butcher

Autocross Champion
Awesome! I really appreciate it! I love this much better than what I'm utilizing. Were the instructions on wiring clear, or did you have to do some trial/error?
Keep in mind, it's not 100% as shown in my second picture.

For wiring, the included instructions are different than the MK7. On the headlight switch you want to tap the following:

Gauge wire Red to Switch Wire Black/Yellow (switched power)
Gauge wire Black Switch Wire Brown (ground)
Gauge wire Yellow Switch Wire Gray (dash lighting)

The rest is hooking up the boost line and mounting 3M tape to mount the pod to the column.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Perfect.....really appreciate it! Have to get this on order....love the look! Thanks for clarifying and clearing it all up!

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
I'm guessing that picture from the side is before install and you just set it over the stock cover to get a feel for how it fits. Any pictures of it actually installed? Or did you install it by just setting it on top of the stock cover and tape it down or something?

The Butcher

Autocross Champion
I'm guessing that picture from the side is before install and you just set it over the stock cover to get a feel for how it fits. Any pictures of it actually installed? Or did you install it by just setting it on top of the stock cover and tape it down or something?
The cover is meant to be mounted on top of the column with 3m double sided tape. That is the installed image.

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
The cover is meant to be mounted on top of the column with 3m double sided tape. That is the installed image.

Eh I don't like that. I had a Podi (RIP) on my MK6 GTI and you actually took the stock top cover off and the pod snapped into place. Perfect fitment but they went out of business (I believe) after the MK6s.