GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Non-PP Brakes to PP Fronts

HawkeAssault

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 GTI, '92 Corrado
Nope, rears have the parking brake... If you don't care about that, I suppose you could try bolting them up, doubt if anybody has tried it though.

Parking brake didn't cross my mind at all.

I love my parking brake, ain't no way I'm getting rid of it.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Maybe this is just me, but if I am going to spend nearly $2k on a front brake upgrade, I would skip the PP brakes 🤷‍♂️

Something like this gets you a lighter setup with bigger rotors, 4-piston calipers, and ss lines for not that much more https://www.shopdap.com/make-model-...-tts-brake-retrofit-for-mk7-gti-alltrack.html

Just an example. There are other options in that price range that will get you a big upgrade.

Last edited:

YamR1rider

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Maybe this is just me, but if it as going to spend nearly $2k on a front brake upgrade, I would skip the PP brakes 🤷‍♂️

Something like this gets you a lighter setup with bigger rotors, 4-piston calipers, and ss lines for not that much more https://www.shopdap.com/make-model-...-tts-brake-retrofit-for-mk7-gti-alltrack.html

Just an example. There are other options in that price range that will get you a big upgrade.
+1. Or, I'd shop for used PP caliper take offs, doesn't seem good value to buy new.

ATGTi

Car(s)
mk7 Gti
+1 to used parts. Plenty of PP brakes for sale.
Autohaasparts sells used parts with 6mo warranty, sometimes they even have the pp for the rears (with manual handbrake) for sale.

YamR1rider

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
As an example, a pair of fronts (calipers and carriers) on ebay at the mo for $300: PP Fronts. Just add rotors and pads of your choice, and dust shields, and save big over new. Even if you had to fit some new seals to the calipers you are still way ahead.

HawkeAssault

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 GTI, '92 Corrado
Maybe this is just me, but if I am going to spend nearly $2k on a front brake upgrade, I would skip the PP brakes 🤷‍♂️

I was looking at that too. I was mostly looking at the PP package since I'm not tuned at all.

DangerDane2008

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GSW TDI DSG
I bought my entire PP setup, pads, rotors, calipers, dust shields. Bolt on and go for $450 and that was before macan brakes became cool. so PP/R brakes might be a bit cheaper these days. No way in hell should you buy this stuff new

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Dont try swapping a front caliper to the rear, the bias will be so off and it'll handle poorly even if you were able to bolt them up.

Agree 100% though on skipping pp brakes all together. They're not really a big upgrade like a real bbk would be. Stoptech st40 is the answer, leave the rears alone