GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

No WLAN option in Settings

piranha86

Car(s)
Golf GTE MK7
Hi,
I am new to the forum and was wondering if someone could help with connecting my Golf GTE 2016 MK7 to the internet. I bought my GTE second-hand so not sure what connectivity options it comes with. But I can't see a 'WLAN' option in the Settings to help me connect to my mobile phone hotspot. I have the Discovery Media Gen 2 infotainment system and not sure if it comes with a sim card.

I am trying to connect to the Internet to activate the Car-net system, which also doesn't appear in the navigation. Reading the forums, they seem to be a common issue in the UK models for GTEs. Anyone experienced the same?

lightbody

Car(s)
2017 Golf GTI mk7.5
Since you bought the car, have you done a full factory reset of the system? I recommend it, it also helps with understanding it all and it takes you through everything including setting up a connection.

piranha86

Car(s)
Golf GTE MK7
Thanks, did try the factory settings but hasn't helped. Here are the screenshots of my Settings and System information
IMG_20210113_141053.jpg
IMG_20210113_141113.jpg

piranha86

Car(s)
Golf GTE MK7
I have a 2020. No wlan settings either. I didn’t know they could connect to home internet
That's strange. I thought the WLAN was a common option judging by the videos on YouTube and some forums. My navigation menu is also missing Car-net and also some of the Hybrid mode options.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
That's strange. I thought the WLAN was a common option judging by the videos on YouTube and some forums. My navigation menu is also missing Car-net and also some of the Hybrid mode options.
I definitely have car net. Just dunno if there are indeed any wifi options. I can’t find them

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Thanks @Keehs360. Yes, looks like they might be disabled. I am just trying to get my car registered on the VW portal but no joy as the car has no way of sending data or communicating
Gotcha

that sucks. Is there any coding that can be done to make the options accessible to you?