GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

No rear door tweeters on MY19 GTI Rabbit :(

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
I assumed the base system at least had tweeters in the rear because the openings are there. Well you know the old saying - don't assume, lol.

If I were to want to wire up OEM Fender tweeters to the rear doors how would I go about doing this? Does anyone know if the GTI S/Rabbit models come pre-wired at the rear for the install (possible wires already there in the harness)? Asking because I haven't taken the rear door panels off yet and would like to plan for an upgrade.

I have the MIBII 8.5" screen and brains + the gen 2 Helix sub in a box waiting to be installed and rather focus on one big install instead of breaking it up.

mk717

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 A3 Quattro
Just my opinion but unless you care a great deal about rear fill, I wouldn't bother.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I’ve been wanting to upgrade my rabbit to the 8.5 but knew i needed more that just the screen cause the base screen is also the full head unit. I have not fully looked into it to see what else I needed yet, but looks like you have. What’s the part number on the brain? And are you going to put that in the glove box?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk