GOLFMKV

No more Golf R's :(

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Only for 2020.
Apparently the mk8 will have the R.
It would be nice if they bring back the 2/3 door for North America!!

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
There might not be any more golfs in the US, but there'll definitely be more Rs, and gtis.

There's a shit ton of 2019s out there right now with 3k off msrp.

gdub09

Ready to race!
VW is only selling GTIs and Rs in America, they're cutting out the Golf.

GertieGTI

Ready to race!
The Golf R color spektrum will only be available for 2019 model years in the US then. Wow pretty limit and special. If you got any unique color that is desirable that may be something special one day. Collector item? Maybe who knows but certainly if you choose a vehicle through that program maybe less then 20 vehicles in the US will exist of that color if not less.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
The Golf R color spektrum will only be available for 2019 model years in the US then. Wow pretty limit and special. If you got any unique color that is desirable that may be something special one day. Collector item? Maybe who knows but certainly if you choose a vehicle through that program maybe less then 20 vehicles in the US will exist of that color if not less.

On reddit people are starting to receive hand written letters from VW that come with a R badge. The letter thanks them for being part of the spektrum family and they tell you how many of that color they made. There was a guy with an orange one that was 1 of 3 in the US. The highest I've seen so far was 1 of 33, viper green I think.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
lol, if it wasn't already bad enough that I see too many GTIs and R's on the road, it'll be all that's offered in America. Great.

I miss the days of owning a car that wasn't the common and people actually looked at it, like wtf is that. GTI is the equivalent of a Honda Civic. It's just too damn common and seen that there is nothing unique about it unless someone dumps cans of paints all over it and makes you have to look and either puke your brains out or say, that's kind of nice...for a hatch.

Oh well, it still checks the needs of why I set out to originally buy one. Has 4 doors to easily throw shiiieeet in the back. Reasonable cargo space, and can be performance oriented with mods if you decide to go that route. Out of the box, it's a good at everything, great at nothing.

GertieGTI

Ready to race!
lol, if it wasn't already bad enough that I see too many GTIs and R's on the road, it'll be all that's offered in America. Great.

I miss the days of owning a car that wasn't the common and people actually looked at it, like wtf is that. GTI is the equivalent of a Honda Civic. It's just too damn common and seen that there is nothing unique about it unless someone dumps cans of paints all over it and makes you have to look and either puke your brains out or say, that's kind of nice...for a hatch.

Oh well, it still checks the needs of why I set out to originally buy one. Has 4 doors to easily throw shiiieeet in the back. Reasonable cargo space, and can be performance oriented with mods if you decide to go that route. Out of the box, it's a good at everything, great at nothing.

Start saving RS6 Avant, It's coming to the states.
https://www.motor1.com/news/366159/audi-rs6-avant-debuts-america/

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Beautiful... i would drive a 4dr in that iteration.. well..would black out that silver thing on the back, pretty sure it would stand out w/o it

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I see a shit ton of Jettas, but I hardly ever see Golfs here. I've had my mk7 R for about a month now and in that time I've seen 1 mk7 R, 2 mk7 GTIs, 1 mk6 GTI, and 1 mk6 golf.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
They should bring back the Harlequin.