GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

luke warm heat on driver side, passenger all fine (hot)

domdriscoll

My golf mk7 gt 2013, has developed a fault with the heating. no hot air is being produced on all driver side vents ? passenger is ok. after watching some vids i thought it would be one on the thermistors in the vents, however these are not fitted to my golf.

Looking at a previous scan on the car it did display fault B109D71 AIR DISTRIBUTION DOOR MOTOR - ACTUATOR JAMMED. could this be related and if so does anybody have any more info location of it etc.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Common problem for that flap motor to go tits-up. Search here or with Google and you should be able to find the part needed and instructions for replacement. Fairly simple job.

domdriscoll

thanks for the reply, after doing some further investigation, i am receiving some warm air on the drivers side but its not hot like the passengers side. do you think the flap motor will still be the issue or maybe something else ?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
thanks for the reply, after doing some further investigation, i am receiving some warm air on the drivers side but its not hot like the passengers side. do you think the flap motor will still be the issue or maybe something else ?

Seems like it would be something else since you're getting warm air from the driver side. Set the position control towards the dash vents and use a thermometer to measure the temperature from each side.

Frank Reynolds

Go Kart Newbie
Didn't want to create a new thread but rather compile info in one place for future searches.

I too am getting B109D71 - Air distribution door motor Actuator jammed. Now, my only symptom is no AC no cold air. There aren't any sounds from the motor either. So I guess the question is: Do I shell out for the part and replace the unit in the glovebox area and hope for the best? Or is there a way to diagnose which flap is the dead one? I'd really hate to tear my dash apart for no reason also. What say you?

domdriscoll

Didn't want to create a new thread but rather compile info in one place for future searches.

I too am getting B109D71 - Air distribution door motor Actuator jammed. Now, my only symptom is no AC no cold air. There aren't any sounds from the motor either. So I guess the question is: Do I shell out for the part and replace the unit in the glovebox area and hope for the best? Or is there a way to diagnose which flap is the dead one? I'd really hate to tear my dash apart for no reason also. What say you?

Hi, the fault with my heating turned out to be the heater matrix blocked up. as for your cold air i would remove the cover on the passanger side foot well and centre console and get your eyes up and look up the side of the console, then you can see the motors moving, the hot and cold air one is the lowest if i remember, but play with the selectors and you should see the motors move.