GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

No heat after coolant shut off valve n82 replacement

Amm5890

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello all

Recently changed out my n82 valve due to a p1889 code. My heat no longer works. I also have no codes indicating what could be wrong.

I ran the car with the Coolant bottle lid off and squeezed the hoses to burp the system for a little while.

When I turn the car off I get a semi loud hum that seems to be coming from the turbo/discharge pipe area.

I don’t get any loud clicking which is indicative of a blend door failure.

Anyone have an idea what the issue could be?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
No but it's a good example of throwing parts at a code that doesn't fix it.

Amm5890

Passed Driver's Ed
No but it's a good example of throwing parts at a code that doesn't fix it.

But it did fix the p1889 code bucko.

I no longer have any codes. Just no heat.

Plus in the long run will probably prevent coolant leaking into the ecu through the wiring harness.

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
Isn't the 2.0 a self burping system? I think you need to have the heat turned on (not all the way i think) and drive it till it warms up. The coolant should have gone through a few cycles by that point for the heater core and everything

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
But it did fix the p1889 code bucko.

I no longer have any codes. Just no heat.

Plus in the long run will probably prevent coolant leaking into the ecu through the wiring harness.

We'll see if the code comes back. If not then great. Don't you think the valve and the no heat are related? Did the heat work before the code?

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
Drive the car and see if you get heat. Leaving the cap off helps burp the system but it also does not allow the system to build pressure to push coolant through.