GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

No-go on Aerofabb rear spoiler extension on Mk7 Golf TDI

Grey2015TDI

A few weeks ago a attempted to install the rear spoiler extension and retrofit the OEM hatch side blades. It was a shot in the dark since I couldn't find anything that said the TDI rear hatch is different and these wouldn't fit. As you can tell by the photos, neither fit. The spoiler is molded into the hatch itself.

Attachments

• IMG_5441.jpg
    IMG_5441.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 267
  • IMG_5442.jpg
    IMG_5442.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 222
  • IMG_5443.jpg
    IMG_5443.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 566
  • IMG_5444.jpg
    IMG_5444.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 227
  • IMG_5445.jpg
    IMG_5445.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 223
  • IMG_5446.jpg
    IMG_5446.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 243
  • IMG_5447.jpg
    IMG_5447.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 207
  • IMG_5448.jpg
    IMG_5448.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 201

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
The TDI has the same hatch as the TSI, which is a different part number from that of the GTI/R. That originally held me back from ordering the side fins... now cost is stopping me from ordering the parts required for the Clubsport spoiler conversion (which does not fit the GTI/R hatch).

Grey2015TDI

The TDI has the same hatch as the TSI, which is a different part number from that of the GTI/R. That originally held me back from ordering the side fins... now cost is stopping me from ordering the parts required for the Clubsport spoiler conversion (which does not fit the GTI/R hatch).

Yep, I was so disappointed that I couldn't find any of this info prior to purchasing them. Glad though that ECS tuning let me return them without hassle!

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
There's a picture in a thread somewhere here of a Golf, in the EU, with the fins, just a matter of finding the part number.

Edit: Oddly enough the e-Golf here in the states comes with the side fins (according to pictures on Google). Parts.vw.com shows them as well, but with the same part number as those on the GTI but says they fit Golf, e-Golf, GTI and R. I then checked hatch part numbers and parts.vw.com shows the GTI with the same part number hatch as the TDI/TSI/e-Golf. According to the clubsport spoiler thread GTI/R (and by extension I assume e-Golf) come with -K part number hatch which comes with a plastic spoiler (and has been superseded by -AB part number hatches) and that's what the fins line up with. The -Q part number hatch is described as "without spoiler" and the fins won't line up.

Hard to determine fin fitment since all of the hatches are interchangeable. The Golf in that picture must have been a trim option that included the "GTI" hatch and therefore got fins as well.

Last edited: