GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

No coil ground wires ???

irh007

Car(s)
mk7 Golf GTI
Hey guys I'm a newbie here

I just bought a mk7 GTI to use as my daily driver,

I was watching a YouTube video on how to replace spark plugs and when I checked my engine bay I notice that I did not have any coil ground wires?

Is this a US model GTI thing only or am I missing something, I've attached some pictures for you guys to see

Thanks!

3639e388-ddc5-4789-8330-ebbebfc02b1a.jpg
0f1eea4b-f6db-4a48-ae95-8b2d60cf0379.jpg

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Something isn’t right here. There should be ground wires on all pack retainers. One of mine was stripped from the factory and I went ahead and helicoiled it, but before I did that the car got a lot of reported misfires, even with one cylinder partially grounded and 3 solidly. PO could have possibly rewired yours though.

irh007

Car(s)
mk7 Golf GTI
Something isn’t right here. There should be ground wires on all pack retainers. One of mine was stripped from the factory and I went ahead and helicoiled it, but before I did that the car got a lot of reported misfires, even with one cylinder partially grounded and 3 solidly. PO could have possibly rewired yours though.

There is no sign of rewiring done in the car and also no sign of them being cut off, is there a possibility you could send me a picture of where they are wired to is in in the harness or somewhere else?.

Thank you

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
AF78B805-853A-4535-B996-603EECECF3FA.jpeg

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
And a close up
D6828194-E221-470C-AF0B-7C12CC989F39.jpeg

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Thank you! I can see that the black wire is replaced by a green /brown wire in my car, so I think that its just because of the country specs and if I'm not mistaken green is a ground wire.

I was about to start panicking thinking I got ripped off, now I can start modding my car in peace xD

Thanks Again!

Certainly makes pulling the coils out to change spark plugs easier.