GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

No A-pillar Windows?

Mother

Go Kart Newbie
Previous owner got the windows tinted. Tint shop was lazy and didn't tint those and/or told the owner it wasn't possible (it is possible), so they covered them with flat black vinyl instead.

Dutchman1101

Previous owner got the windows tinted. Tint shop was lazy and didn't tint those and/or told the owner it wasn't possible (it is possible), so they covered them with flat black vinyl instead.

Interesting. Did not think of that. I'll check it more after work. The car did have a flat black vinyl roof wrap when I bought it. I had that removed as that's not really my thing. They also did a pretty meh job on that as well. Seems whomever did that and the tint (probably the same folks), sucked...

Mother

Go Kart Newbie
If you search around on the site you'll see it's been a much debated topic over the MK7/7.5 years. Some people like me are anal and want it tinted to match the rest of the windows, some people say they don't notice it not being tinted and some cover it with vinyl and call it a day.

If you find that is indeed the case and you want it tinted you may have to call a few shops before you find one that will do it. Some will want to take apart the interior to get to them, others will have fashioned special tools to reach in confined places like that.

Dutchman1101

If you search around on the site you'll see it's been a much debated topic over the MK7/7.5 years. Some people like me are anal and want it tinted to match the rest of the windows, some people say they don't notice it not being tinted and some cover it with vinyl and call it a day.

If you find that is indeed the case and you want it tinted you may have to call a few shops before you find one that will do it. Some will want to take apart the interior to get to them, others will have fashioned special tools to reach in confined places like that.

Appreciate the heads up. Will do if I decide to tint. I definitely do not want anything taken apart. Seems any tint shop that's decent could do those without that.

new R Fan 2018

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 R
Mine have the same black vinyl on them too. Im the 2nd owner of this car and they came that way. I actually liked them “blacked out”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dutchman1101

Welp, I'm an idiot. The windows are there and covered by vinyl. Honestly, I kind of like it too. Gives the car a clean look.

I REALLY like that Badgeskin with the R logo. Choices...

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Designers and Engineers: Well we spent $20 Milllion on making the A pillars thinner and stronger. This allows us to add a window to increase visibility to pedestrians and increase the greenhouse space.

VW Owner: Oh, snap. Vinyl over that looks cleeeeaaannn.

:D