GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NJ Motorsports Park

VL3X

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
You're fine to run your car completely stock at NJMP (I actually recommend this before modding anyway). There are no real requirements, other than wearing a helmet and passing safety inspection (no leaks, no loose items in the car, decent tires, lights working, etc..). The track is very well maintained and not "bumpy" at all. It's a legit racetrack with a solid crew.

To check for upcoming events and how to register, I use TrackRabbit and sort by NJMP lightning/thunderbolt.

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
You're fine to run your car completely stock at NJMP (I actually recommend this before modding anyway). There are no real requirements, other than wearing a helmet and passing safety inspection (no leaks, no loose items in the car, decent tires, lights working, etc..). The track is very well maintained and not "bumpy" at all. It's a legit racetrack with a solid crew.

To check for upcoming events and how to register, I use TrackRabbit and sort by NJMP lightning/thunderbolt.

Thanks for the info! Really interested in joining a track day...

What events would the ones to look out for in Track Rabbit for us?

Not the "Drivers club member days" right? I saw that a Club Membership is several thousand a year?

acorazza

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI 6MT
I'm up for a track day too. I was eyeing the Skip Barber days in NJMP but if anyone puts something together I'm sure there would be a good amount of interest here.

VL3X

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Thanks for the info! Really interested in joining a track day...

What events would the ones to look out for in Track Rabbit for us?

Not the "Drivers club member days" right? I saw that a Club Membership is several thousand a year?

Just wait til they post the Skip Barber Racing School days. They're usually around ~$200.

razorbilo

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 GTI, 2017 X1
What do you guys think about the June 1st date? That way all of us can get in. I haven't attended any of the classes so i know i have to do the novice stuff before i can do the solos in the intermediate class.

Demon_Pilot

Car(s)
MK7 GTI; 370Z; MKT
ive done it on my motorcycle before with evolve GT/N2 look into the SCDA they do track days all over. If we do TBolt just be careful on the bowl, the inside line is superrrrrrrrrrrrrr bumpy.

mk7-k

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 'S' 4 door DSG
I might be up for this if we get out of this pandemic. I've been to the track before when I had my Mini Cooper and also helped the Porsche club from Delaware have their track day there a number of years back. We'll see how things shake out.

VL3X

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
What do you guys think about the June 1st date? That way all of us can get in. I haven't attended any of the classes so i know i have to do the novice stuff before i can do the solos in the intermediate class.

Sounds great, but I predict this mess to last through mid summer unfortunately.

I might be up for this if we get out of this pandemic. I've been to the track before when I had my Mini Cooper and also helped the Porsche club from Delaware have their track day there a number of years back. We'll see how things shake out.

Sounds good! I'm in Delaware too.