GOLFMKV

NITROUS

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Adding MPI to a setup that is not fuel limited is not going to have much benefit.

I know you drive for work but if you add MPI you need an E85 tune for fun.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
As Hoon said, if staying with pump gas, you really need Know if your setup was already fuel limited...you would need to ask Ed as he did the tune and knows if you are fuel limited and if that turbo had much more in it to flow more boost as that’s what your limited to VS timing.... you can always run WMI and gain some timing by that but you still need to update the tune like I mentioned above in regards to nitrous. (I run a dual nozzle WMI setup right now with a 70/40 meth heavy mix) And having first hand experience of both setups I can say that when My WMI turns on I can feel the car respond just like when I was running nitrous before it’s just a much milder version.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
As Hoon said, if staying with pump gas, you really need Know if your setup was already fuel limited...you would need to ask Ed as he did the tune and knows if you are fuel limited and if that turbo had much more in it to flow more boost as that’s what your limited to VS timing.... you can always run WMI and gain some timing by that but you still need to update the tune like I mentioned above in regards to nitrous. (I run a dual nozzle WMI setup right now with a 70/40 meth heavy mix) And having first hand experience of both setups I can say that when My WMI turns on I can feel the car respond just like when I was running nitrous before it’s just a much milder version.

In about a month I'm going to run it on the dyno where Ed tuned it. The first time the owner of the dyno couldn't print out my boost and timing numbers. Also I had manual carbon cleaning done and it made a significant difference so I'll log the runs and see if Ed thinks revising the tune is worth it. Plus it was 107* when I was tuned. I don't think I am fuel limited though because TPC got around 480 HP on race fuel with the same setup.

I appreciate the info, thanks. Will look into a meth setup.