GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Nik's 2019 Golf Sportwagen 4Motion

oki-nik

It was suggested to me that I should make a "build thread". So, here it goes.

A little bit of info/background on me:

I am 32 and I live in Moses Lake, Washington. I am an Air Traffic Controller, with 7 years in the Air Force and 4 years in the FAA. I also do automotive photography as a hobby.

This Golf Sportwagen 4MOTION is my 5th VW "Sportwagen", but only the second I've put any effort into modifying -- 1999 Passat Wagon 1.8T 5MT (sold), 2013 Jetta Sportwagen 2.5 5MT (modified, pictured below, sold), 2015 Golf Sportwagen 1.8T 5MT (totaled by a red light runner), 2016 Golf Sportwagen 1.8 5AT FWD (wife's current car), and my 2019 Golf Sportwagen 1.8T 4Motion (this one).

I've been married for 10 years. I have 2 kids, 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 wagons.

Here is my old 2013 VW Jetta Sportwagen 2.5, which I purchased brand new and modified for 5+ years:

Video Feature -

My current Sportwagen was purchased brand new in August of 2019. I told myself if VW made an AWD, turbo, 6MT wagon I would buy one...so traded in my 2016 Audi S3 for it when I heard VW was killing them for the NAR.
Don't judge me. I didn't really care for the DSG/S3. I would rather have a 6MT 4motion Sportwagen anyways.

Here is my new 2019 VW Golf Sportwagen 4MOTION, 6 months and 4k miles later, as it sits 3/23/2020:

Details and Modifications:

2019 VW Golf Sportwagen

4MOTION

1.8T EA888 Gen 3

6-Speed Manual

Exterior:
  • OEM Golf R Front Bumper
  • OEM Votex Side Skirts
  • Ed's Golf R Headlights
  • OEM Golf R Variant Rear Diffuser
  • OEM Golf R Variant Rear Window Spoilers
  • Quad-Tipped OEM Exhaust
Engine Bay:
  • OEM Tiguan Engine Cover
  • Integrated Engineering Downpipe
  • Burger Motorsports JB4 + Connect Kit
Interior:
  • OEM Golf R Seats
  • Rennline Phone Mount
  • Black Forest Industries GSB Shift Knob
Suspension and Wheels:
  • H&R VTF Adjustable Springs
  • BBS LM LM249 Wheels 19x8.5+48
Waiting to be Installed/In the Mail/Backordered:
  • Integrated Engineering Intake
  • Integrated Engineering Turbo Inlet
  • Integrated Engineering Turbo Muffler Delete
  • OEM IS20 (GTI) Turbocharger Upgrade
  • Maxton Design Golf Variant Rear Side Splitters
  • Black Mirror Caps
  • Dynamic Mirror Turn Signals

Random photos of "progress":

Future plans include: Installing the missing parts, coilovers, rear sway bar, a clutch that can actually hold power, IS38 upgrade, Integrated Engineering Intercooler, and IE Tune.

Thanks for checking it out, I'll try to update as I go!?

hotbascosauce

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE DSG W/DCC
I LOVE the BBS LMs! I have them on my E30. I'm pretty sure I follow you on Instagram. I love your wagon. I'm local to you as well. I live down in Renton.

Gptuners

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
I love it. You do good work!

On a side note, I think being an air traffic controller is one of the few ways you can grab such an awesome shot of your wagon amidst the planes. ?

Jodi Joe

Car(s)
19 VW Swagen 1.8t 4m
It was suggested to me that I should make a "build thread". So, here it goes.

A little bit of info/background on me:

I am 32 and I live in Moses Lake, Washington. I am an Air Traffic Controller, with 7 years in the Air Force and 4 years in the FAA. I also do automotive photography as a hobby.

This Golf Sportwagen 4MOTION is my 5th VW "Sportwagen", but only the second I've put any effort into modifying -- 1999 Passat Wagon 1.8T 5MT (sold), 2013 Jetta Sportwagen 2.5 5MT (modified, pictured below, sold), 2015 Golf Sportwagen 1.8T 5MT (totaled by a red light runner), 2016 Golf Sportwagen 1.8 5AT FWD (wife's current car), and my 2019 Golf Sportwagen 1.8T 4Motion (this one).

I've been married for 10 years. I have 2 kids, 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 wagons.

Here is my old 2013 VW Jetta Sportwagen 2.5, which I purchased brand new and modified for 5+ years:

Video Feature -

My current Sportwagen was purchased brand new in August of 2019. I told myself if VW made an AWD, turbo, 6MT wagon I would buy one...so traded in my 2016 Audi S3 for it when I heard VW was killing them for the NAR.
Don't judge me. I didn't really care for the DSG/S3. I would rather have a 6MT 4motion Sportwagen anyways.

Here is my new 2019 VW Golf Sportwagen 4MOTION, 6 months and 4k miles later, as it sits 3/23/2020:

Details and Modifications:

2019 VW Golf Sportwagen

4MOTION

1.8T EA888 Gen 3

6-Speed Manual

Exterior:
  • OEM Golf R Front Bumper
  • OEM Votex Side Skirts
  • Ed's Golf R Headlights
  • OEM Golf R Variant Rear Diffuser
  • OEM Golf R Variant Rear Window Spoilers
  • Quad-Tipped OEM Exhaust
Engine Bay:
  • OEM Tiguan Engine Cover
  • Integrated Engineering Downpipe
  • Burger Motorsports JB4 + Connect Kit
Interior:
  • OEM Golf R Seats
  • Rennline Phone Mount
  • Black Forest Industries GSB Shift Knob
Suspension and Wheels:
  • H&R VTF Adjustable Springs
  • BBS LM LM249 Wheels 19x8.5+48
Waiting to be Installed/In the Mail/Backordered:
  • Integrated Engineering Intake
  • Integrated Engineering Turbo Inlet
  • Integrated Engineering Turbo Muffler Delete
  • OEM IS20 (GTI) Turbocharger Upgrade
  • Maxton Design Golf Variant Rear Side Splitters
  • Black Mirror Caps
  • Dynamic Mirror Turn Signals

Random photos of "progress":

Future plans include: Installing the missing parts, coilovers, rear sway bar, a clutch that can actually hold power, IS38 upgrade, Integrated Engineering Intercooler, and IE Tune.

Thanks for checking it out, I'll try to update as I go!?
Nik,
First off, thank you for your 7 years of service!
Also, the car looks great!

Is that a 2019 Golf r front bumper? Did it bolt straight on or did you have to do some modifying? And did you have a body shop order it or did you find an online dealer?

Thank you in advance!
Joe M

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Nik,
First off, thank you for your 7 years of service!
Also, the car looks great!

Is that a 2019 Golf r front bumper? Did it bolt straight on or did you have to do some modifying? And did you have a body shop order it or did you find an online dealer?

Thank you in advance!
Joe M
the guy never signed back after a few days of posting this a year ago... such a dope car though! - hopefully he disappeared due to lack of attention the thread got and not something bad happening to him like get sick or sorts.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
the guy never signed back after a few days of posting this a year ago... such a dope car though! - hopefully he disappeared due to lack of attention the thread got and not something bad happening to him like get sick or sorts.

Here's hoping, as its a good looking car....

Mind you I am bias towards GSW's....;)

Jodi Joe

Car(s)
19 VW Swagen 1.8t 4m
Thanks for the reply!

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Rude boy. Love it, I always wanted to hear what a done up 2.5 sounded like, must be awesome.