GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Nightmare car volume 3

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
OK so the other day I went to the gas station about 5 minutes away and the car was completely cold, no issues. Got back in and got a "EPC" light and a "Do not exceed 4000 RPM" warning. Im exhausted and this thing loves epc lights so i limp it home but getting to 25 MPH is impossible and i look down and see the temp gauge reading at 240. I pull over and pop the hood expecting a mess. NO issues radiator is topped off and has pressure and engine oil in the normal area. Got back in and turned the car on, after 20 seconds epc turns off and rev limit gone digital temp said car was at 161f. I was so exhausted that I thought I hallucinated it. I went out for a drive an hour later being rough on it trying to get it to do it and nothing. HASN'T HAPPENED SINCE.

Fast forward to me taking it to the STEALership for my FIRST oil change and they said they found a stored code for poor coolant performance. Then said my CPO warranty doesn't cover the thermostat it needs and it 1,242 to replace it! I HAVEN'T HAD THE CAR 9 MONTHS!!! THIS IS THE 4TH PROBLEM I HAVE HAD.

Advice?! WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT?!o_O

Last edited:

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
"The water pump is covered"
"They are the same part!?"
"No, they are separated by a gasket"

WTF!!!

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
What is that dealer on about?... Of course your warranty covers it. VW warranty doesn't discriminate by which part on the car. It's called "bumper to bumper" for a reason... Definitely take it to another dealer.

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
is CPO the same as bumper to bumper?

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
What year is your car? I was assuming it was newer but might be wrong looking back.

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
For sure its covered, get the car out of there

edit: I would also call VWoA and tell on them.

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
My car is a 2016 golf TSI that had 53k when I bought it.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
If it's still under warranty the thermostat is covered like everybody else said.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Please update this thread. Really want to know what happens

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
My car is a 2016 golf TSI that had 53k when I bought it.

Wait a second, 53k miles? how many does it have now? Note:

CPO vehicles provide 2 years and 24,000 miles extra limited-warranty coverage in addition to whatever remains of the original 3-year/36,000-mile original limited warranty, and the 5-year/60,000-mile powertrain warranty. This equals 5 years or 60,000 miles of coverage from the original new-car purchase date.

Hollywood0220

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
German/Japanese
I believe that the VW CPO Warranty is covered by "WorldAuto". Your model is a 2016 with more than 36k and under 75k miles. The Warranty is a Comprehensive Limited or BUMPER to BUMPER and only incurs a $50/deductible per visit. I think someone at the location you visited doesn't understand what Bumper to Bumper means. It covers everything except wear & tear items like tires, brakes, and fluids, wiper blades, dents, window chips, etc etc....but, the Cooling system should be covered. Pull out your paperwork and ensure WHAT is covered and WHAT is not. Sounds like Tom Foolery.....