GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NHTSA: 23V604 - Volkswagen Recall: 28H7 – Ignition Switch (2019)

8T_BoCO

Passed Driver's Ed
This appeared upon inspecting my CARFAX Car Care record and I didn't see any threads yet.
I suppose my service advisor didn't mention it when I was in for recent warranty work (thermostat housing & oil pan leaks), as there is no fix available.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2023/RIONL-23V604-5580.pdf

''INTERIM SAFETY RECALL NOTICE FOR YOUR VEHICLE
A recall repair is not yet available
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. Volkswagen has
decided that a defect, which relates to motor vehicle safety, exists in certain 2019-2020 model year Volkswagen
vehicles. Our records show that you are the owner of a vehicle affected by this action.
About this recall: In vehicles equipped with a conventional ignition switch, the polyfuse can fail,
particularly when the vehicle is operated in high temperature environments. If the
polyfuse fails, it can result in the engine stalling while driving and failure of the
vehicle's electrical system, increasing the risk of a crash.
A recall repair is not yet
available.
Right now, your dealer does not have the recall remedy information available to
perform the recall work. Volkswagen is working to make the recall remedy
available as quickly as possible, and we will send you another letter once repairs
can begin..."

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Huh, well that's fun. Did you receive a physical letter? IIRC I saw a couple recalls/TSBs for my 19 GTI in Carfax reports, but I haven't experienced the issue described in all cases (which I guess would explain some of them just being TSBs). This being a recall notice though, I expect we'll see more information and physical mailers to impacted owners.

8T_BoCO

Passed Driver's Ed
No physical letter, yet. I wonder if they pause notification until a fix is available (unless it's a 'don't operate' recall).