GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NGK RS7 Plugs and other RS7 plug options thread

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Bump!

Anyone know where I can pick these up on the cheap? I paid $60 last go around for a set of 4, back in early 2020.

Audi RS7 plugs 06K-998-601-M

I've had these on my tuned 2019 MK7.5 (Stage 1.5 93 octane EQ Tuning) for about 38,000 miles now (car has 47k), and I've recently noticed a drastic drop in MPGs; roughly 2/3 MPG. Haven't pulled these to see what condition they are in, but my gut tells me this could be the issue?? Unless this is pure placebo and another issue rearing its head.

I drive a crap ton of miles (90% highway) a year - about 20,000 miles at this rate.
Just get the OE version from FCP. NGK 91006.

As far as mpg goes, we moved to winter blends and check tire pressure.

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
Get the NGK Ruthenium which are great for $8 each at Rock Auto.

Thanks, everyone for the advice! I went ahead and ordered the NGK 91006 from Rock Auto (found a 5% off coupon). I did change the shitty Bridgstones that came with the car for Micheline Pilot Sport 4S tires (inflated to 39 PSI all around); maybe this also has to do with the drop in MPG. I've read around and some people are complaining about a slight drop in MPG due to the tire compound. Oh well - can't win it all.

Happy Thanksgiving, ya'll!

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Thanks, everyone for the advice! I went ahead and ordered the NGK 91006 from Rock Auto (found a 5% off coupon). I did change the shitty Bridgstones that came with the car for Micheline Pilot Sport 4S tires (inflated to 39 PSI all around); maybe this also has to do with the drop in MPG. I've read around and some people are complaining about a slight drop in MPG due to the tire compound. Oh well - can't win it all.

Can't remember if you are tuned but if you are set the spark plug gap to 0.024 and to 0.028 if you are not tuned.

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
Can't remember if you are tuned but if you are set the spark plug gap to 0.024 and to 0.028 if you are not tuned.
Yup, I am tuned. 0.024 is what EQ Tuning recommends.

Tom Brohanks

Go Kart Champion

Yep, switching to the 4S will result in reduced fuel mileage, but damn the performance difference from the stock tires is worth it!