GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NGK RS7 Plugs and other RS7 plug options thread

phobos512

Ready to race!
You saw this post right?

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showpost.php?p=388586&postcount=35

It appears to be the newest plugs for the RS7 in Europe anyways.

You saw how I was the first person to respond to that post right? There is one person on the forums with these plugs and one distributor out of MANY claiming these are RS7 plugs. All I am asking for is some further information and NOT ONE PERSON can produce it. There are people on these forums who rely on them for information and I don't want people getting the wrong idea. It's great if these do turn out to be RS7 plugs but all the information online on this forum is coming from ONE distributor and like three different people whereas the other style plugs show up in the parts fiche for the application, at 5+ different distributors, and in tons of people's cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
You saw how I was the first person to respond to that post right? There is one person on the forums with these plugs and one distributor out of MANY claiming these are RS7 plugs. All I am asking for is some further information and NOT ONE PERSON can produce it. There are people on these forums who rely on them for information and I don't want people getting the wrong idea. It's great if these do turn out to be RS7 plugs but all the information online on this forum is coming from ONE distributor and like three different people whereas the other style plugs show up in the parts fiche for the application, at 5+ different distributors, and in tons of people's cars.

It's a new plug so there won't be a ton of info or people running them. But you have an Audi dealer in Europe plus a distributor stating those are in fact rs7 plugs. I guess time will tell if they are correct or not.

phobos512

Ready to race!
It amazes me that people are basically willing to take the word of one person when it comes to things that can make or break their car. I'm an engineer; I demand a higher standard of information.

nkresho

suck, squish, bang, blow
Car(s)
2022 Q3

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
It amazes me that people are basically willing to take the word of one person when it comes to things that can make or break their car. I'm an engineer; I demand a higher standard of information.

Well he does have a potato camera, he must know lol

I think most people require a more reputable source than one comment on this forum. Being an aircraft mechanic and working with engineers regularly, I gotta say I figured you were an engineer before you said that...must be the first thing they teach you guys in school "always make your title known!" Lol

All in good fun btw^^^

Back on topic, two full tanks of gas on my "M" revision plugs and it's still just as smooth running as the day I installed them. I highly suggest them to anyone above stock power

Last edited:

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
If these are a double iridium plug made by Ngk, one heat range colder, and have the proper plug connection for our coils, does it really matter if they are "RS7" plugs? Having actual plugs that Audi specs for the RS7 is not going to turn your car into some kind of unicorn that farts rainbows. What it comes down to is that these seem to be a really good option over the Denso and side firing plugs. Whether or not they are actual RS7 plugs shouldn't make a difference one way or another

La Furia Roja

Sorry for this situation. I have not wanted to create some fuss or mess when i wrote for my RS7 plugs.

The plugs were ordered straight form Audi Bulgaria. It is United Europe here and for the warranty cars can not be any compromises. The warranty here for the VAG vehicles continues 5 years.

So if the Official Audi Dealer has delivered me the wrong plugs so i have misguided you.

Please delete my bad quality pictures in my previous opinion.
I mean in the other topic, before the discussion has removed here.

The ignition coils are made now by Borg Warner. This is true because my factory coils were Beru and after flashing of APR IS38 i had misfires faults.
The car was on 50000 km and i changed the coils.
The new ones were Borg Warner delivered by Skoda Bulgaria with VAG number and stamp.

Last edited:

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
No, thank you for the excellent information. Until you brought it up, most of us had no idea these existed.

I agree with TwinDad.. regardless if they have a name, as long as they have the tech, they could be made for a VW Up for all I care lol

nonegiven

Go Kart Newbie
A side firing plug will provide a bit more HP and MPG than a top firing plug, all other things being equal. Many boosted drag racers modify their top firing plugs to side firing (called side gapping) to increase performance and reduce ignition issues.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
A side firing plug will provide a bit more HP and MPG than a top firing plug, all other things being equal. Many boosted drag racers modify their top firing plugs to side firing (called side gapping) to increase performance and reduce ignition issues.

I just wish we could gap them which is why I may run the NGKs personally. I run as large a gap as I can and will try and push these to the limit.. when they wind up getting installed in like 9 months lol

phobos512

Ready to race!
If these are a double iridium plug made by Ngk, one heat range colder, and have the proper plug connection for our coils, does it really matter if they are "RS7" plugs? Having actual plugs that Audi specs for the RS7 is not going to turn your car into some kind of unicorn that farts rainbows. What it comes down to is that these seem to be a really good option over the Denso and side firing plugs. Whether or not they are actual RS7 plugs shouldn't make a difference one way or another

The problem is that we DON'T know the specs of these alternative plugs because as people keep saying "they're new" though there's no evidence that is the case.

"RS7 Plug" is a useful differentiator because the specs of the 07x series plugs is known.

phobos512

Ready to race!
I just wish we could gap them which is why I may run the NGKs personally. I run as large a gap as I can and will try and push these to the limit.. when they wind up getting installed in like 9 months lol

So you're going to swap the plugs as recommended by the tuners and then you're going to disregard their statements on how to gap them?

"Doctor, I don't feel good."
"Take these and you'll be fine in a few days."
patient proceeds to not take medication

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
They recommend that gap based on their testing in different environments and boost pressures using their tune. I'm running an IKH24 equivalent (Brisk plugs) at stock gap without issues with a peak boost at 23psi. You should always run as large a gap as possible without blowout. This ensures a better/more complete burn which will make more power and better mpg. At the same time, too large a gap can have issues as well so it's something that needs to be checked in logs and plugs should be pulled at oil changes to be inspected for gap and wear.

phobos512

Ready to race!
They recommend that gap based on their testing in different environments and boost pressures using their tune. I'm running an IKH24 equivalent (Brisk plugs) at stock gap without issues with a peak boost at 23psi. You should always run as large a gap as possible without blowout. This ensures a better/more complete burn which will make more power and better mpg. At the same time, too large a gap can have issues as well so it's something that needs to be checked in logs and plugs should be pulled at oil changes to be inspected for gap and wear.

Sorry, I know that you out of everyone here probably know what you're doing. (Also I'm very familiar with how spark plugs impact engine performance.)

It just drives me nuts when people go out of their way to get help/recommendations and then pick and choose what to follow.