GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Newbie to VW life

eajr

Go Kart Champion
Is $28710 before or after tax? Most people might not be aware of the tax & fees in your area. People will be able to rate your deal with MSRP and selling price excluding TTL.
Its $28,710 internet price, therefore before tax and fees. Here in Chicago the tax is 10.25% and registration fee is $158.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Its $28,710 internet price, therefore before tax and fees. Here in Chicago the tax is 10.25% and registration fee is $158.

You should be able to do better than $5500 off sticker based on deals reported in Post your deal thread. Most great deals are location specific. You might have to expand your search if you are targeting the best deal.

Judas

Go Kart Newbie
ive been trying to get deals for the past week or so , most wont budge under the price listed, i thought they would be more motivated to sell but apparently theyre trying to squeeze every last cent as a profit,
at least around here for me,

eajr

Go Kart Champion
ive been trying to get deals for the past week or so , most wont budge under the price listed, i thought they would be more motivated to sell but apparently theyre trying to squeeze every last cent as a profit,
at least around here for me,
Where are you located? I am trying to get this car OTD at the online price, $28,710.

Judas

Go Kart Newbie
is that an se? thats the prices around here too, lol i was talking to one guy and it went from 28 as base msrp on sale to otd 35k lol
i laughed at him and left i dont play those salesman type shit games, im in az, none of them want to remove any add ons its really weird,
i usually tell them im not waiting and or doing finance for more than an hour tops, since they play games, ive walked out of deals mid way thru lol

eajr

Go Kart Champion
is that an se? thats the prices around here too, lol i was talking to one guy and it went from 28 as base msrp on sale to otd 35k lol
i laughed at him and left i dont play those salesman type shit games, im in az, none of them want to remove any add ons its really weird,
i usually tell them im not waiting and or doing finance for more than an hour tops, since they play games, ive walked out of deals mid way thru lol
Yes sir it's a 2019 SE. They also have a 2020 SE but its online price is $31k. I'm not interested in that, I'm motivated for the 19 to get that warranty. I don't want to be marked up, and I'm not looking to buy anything the finance guy is trying to sell. I want to pay the online price, taxes and fees included in that OTD. Period.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Yes sir it's a 2019 SE. They also have a 2020 SE but its online price is $31k. I'm not interested in that, I'm motivated for the 19 to get that warranty. I don't want to be marked up, and I'm not looking to buy anything the finance guy is trying to sell. I want to pay the online price, taxes and fees included in that OTD. Period.

Good luck and if successful you should come with me the next time I'm buying a car.

eajr

Go Kart Champion
otd at that would be great, if you get ill use you as a ref for pricing locally lol
There's also a 19 SE listed at 26k, but its black so it's a no go. If the dealer was firm at 30k, its obviously more than I want to pay but it would be hard to refuse. I hate car buying....

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R

car sales tax and regular sales tax in Chicago isn’t the same. Only saves you a one percent though. 9.25 is the tax rate on new cars if you live in the city.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
Street price is very difficult to analyze because it's a floating price that is influenced by MANY things some times completely unrelated to the market... obvious metrics are like market, inventory, pipeline inventory, but then the particular dealer's cash flow, pressure from corporate, manufacturer sudden deals, weather, construction in a particular area prohibiting traffic, etc

Exactly.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
MSRP is a vague baseline and people have to do a little bit of ground work to understand the real world number while buying any vehicle.
- Even during pre covid times, one can get $7 to 10k off sticker on few American truck models with zero or little negotiation but pay sticker few other models.
- GTIs are discounted by most dealers and the amount of discount depends on the effort ones willing to do.

Vague? It's printed on a sticker on every car, and it's required by law. It's anything but vague. What's vague is your "street price" metric.

Getting the best price is more than work, it's market and vendor driven.