GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Newbie- help with GTD?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
OK I'll keep looking

Having not used the functions on VCDS on the right hand side can I cause much damage to settings and eco etc if I cock stuff up?
Testing is relatively save & ok..best to read the settings...I suppose you could try the clubtdi uk forums for more info.....as this forum is more USA based & they don't get the diesels...

bigwinn

Car(s)
BMW Z4/ 2015 GTD
Thought I'd update on the resolution

I used the VCDS readings to chat to a local guy- he'd seen similar on a Skoda VRS

He said he believed the DPF was blocked with ash not soot- the readings he was seeing on VCDS suggested pressure before not after the DPF, constant regeneration and the performance issue/limp mode

The DPF was removed and sent for professional cleaning by a team in Hull- refitted and thats sorted it

Its performance wise like having a remap!!

60g of ash removed

Case closed

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Thought I'd update on the resolution

I used the VCDS readings to chat to a local guy- he'd seen similar on a Skoda VRS

He said he believed the DPF was blocked with ash not soot- the readings he was seeing on VCDS suggested pressure before not after the DPF, constant regeneration and the performance issue/limp mode

The DPF was removed and sent for professional cleaning by a team in Hull- refitted and thats sorted it

Its performance wise like having a remap!!

60g of ash removed

Case closed

Basically one of the possible faults I listed in my first reply to you....I don't have many dealings with Diesels & VCDS...but it just shows you need to check the easy stuff first & find a place who actually know what the diagnostics machine says!!....all the gear & feck all idea!!