GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Zealand GTI

NZGTI1

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi everyone.

My names Chris and I have moved to NZ with my wife only a month ago. We decided that we need a car to get around this beautiful country. And what better choice than a mk7 Golf.
We actually picked up their ex demo GTI. It is perfect.

When I get my laptop from the shipping container I'll post better pics with my DSLR. Here's a couple just off the iPhone.

Cheers for looking

Gignomeus

Ready to race!
Epic win, great car, even more amazing country; I was over there for a month not long before Christmas, so all I can say is... lucky bugger!

Have fun :)

NZGTI1

Passed Driver's Ed
I kinda happy the none xenon option lights have no strip through them, to me it's not as subtle with the strip.

Thanks, the country roads around NZ are epic!

I've just ordered a private plate.

MK7 GT1

NZGTI1

Passed Driver's Ed
Ha ha. Cheers.

Got married here last year to a kiwi who was in London and started planning it straight away. Although this summer sucks compared to last year!

Are you'll am to Welly?

Wolksvagen

Banned
Congrats on the Kiwi girl, same story here, met a kiwi girl in London and now recruited into NZ.
As a country bumpkin I'd had quite enough of the big smoke after about 10 years so the transition to NZ was very easy, just like a bigger Cornwall but usually better weather.

I do like Welly, my other half went to Uni there so strong ties with friends in the area, we are in Tauranga, close to Mount Mauganui.

I love my first year here the most, all the exploration, bush walks, new beaches.

One major downside, all the natural beauty of the great outdoors makes going to work so much harder!

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
Looking good :) will look even better with LED headlights... Maybe golf R xenons so you don't get the red stripe :D

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Welcome to the forum - closest I've ever got to NZ is e-mailing the rellies that most Jocks like me have down under.

Nice car.

NZGTI1

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks everyone.

I really rate the halogen headlights, amazing performance compared to the vauxhall I owned before in the uk. I do like the daytime running lights of the xenons though, far prettier! Such a masculine thing to say. Ha ha.