GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New wagen dad looking for general help

Wagendaddy69

Car(s)
2016 Golf sportwagen
Hey there !! New owner of a 16’ sportwagen looking to upgrade some cosmetics. I recently got a a great deal on a set of 19” Cadiz rims off of a smashed Golf R. If I wanted to throw them on the wagen , will they fit? Any suggestions on local shops to take her too?

Attachments

• 7A734217-2170-4C7A-98E3-D7BA43EC39AB.jpeg
    7A734217-2170-4C7A-98E3-D7BA43EC39AB.jpeg
    533.3 KB · Views: 98
  • A5F34134-9958-47E2-9196-43CFE9DE74A2.jpeg
    A5F34134-9958-47E2-9196-43CFE9DE74A2.jpeg
    846.6 KB · Views: 95

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Yes they will fit.

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
It’s an OEM wheel on the ROW market R estate, which is on lower springs from the factory than the GSW. They’ll be fine.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Congrats on the new wagon!

A few cosmetic changes I made to my poverty spec 17 GSW S:

Osriam LED Xenon replacements with partial retrofit for autoleveling. The normal halogen replacement Osrams are just as good, but I originally was going to retrofit OEM Xenons, but the Osrams were cheaper per light - So went with them to get some OEM functionality.
Euro 7.5 LED tail with single amber turn and separate brake light. Built a harness and coded drivers reverse to drivers fog and t-tapped passenger reverse to drivers reverse on the light itself.
Weathertech rain guards front and rear - Some don't like the look, I dig it. Plus they're great with the dogs.
Weathertech interior water proof mats front and rear.
Sound deadening in the hatch/rear seat area. Going to finish doors soon.
Aero rear window side spoilers.
Helix OEM Subwoofer upgrade.
Auto headlight switch with front and rear fog, complete with Chinese light detector - Not as good as an OEM retrofit, but for 30ish bucks for the sensor, it's a whole lot cheaper.
Ali-express metal pedal covers - For 20 bucks they look almost the same as the more expensive ones floating around. My dead pedal just had a slight dent in it, but the weathertech matt comes up far enough to cover it. Hah
Ali -express black out kit for the front and rear - Waiting to install this as i've been lazy and distracted with my Dashcam.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
The Maxton rear wing and VW aero parts for the rear glass are a nice aesthetic improvement.