GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New VW Wheels for the R

VDubberinDE

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
Just waiting for a Spring Tire Sale, and will get them mounted and probably take off the winters a little earlier this year if the weather holds. So far its been a no snow winter here.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Haha that is funny. Do the Koreans ever design something themselves instead of copying everyone else.
Just about every member of their team is former BMW, VW Group or MB. I assume some of the knowledge those guys are bringing over includes vendor relationships, which explains why Kias and Audis appear to have the same wheel designs recently, probably just using the same suppliers. It's not like anyone actually makes their own wheels, they're just buying from a limited group of suppliers. With the pool of German talent Hyundai Group has, it's no surprise that they've suddenly got very Germanic designs.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
There’s a 17” version of those wheels that are a factory fit option on some models of VW’s Polo;

7399E572-D23D-4499-A196-F7E8E94BC904.jpeg

In the UK, they’re known as Bonneville, but VW have a tendency to give different names to specific designs of alloy wheels in different markets.

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
Audi has a few forged 17" and 19" wheels that will fit our cars. I have a pair of forged 17" Q5 wheels for the winter and forged 19" R8 wheels for the summer.

May you share more information about the 17" option?

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Those are not available in the US. Only 19”
No, they‘re Polo-specific, hence why they’re not sold in the US. The Polo has 5x100 bolt pattern so the 17” version wouldn’t fit other larger VW’s - most (if not all) of which have a 5x112 bolt pattern.

I posted, so forum members could see what they looked like fitted to a car.

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG