GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

New VW Wheels for the R

OldVWFan

Passed Driver's Ed
What is the weight of these? Why not go with a really light weight aftermarket wheel? Just wondering.

virpacalis

Ready to race!
Ride
'17 R DSG
This old timer will become enthused with VW options -- any style -- when they offer forged options as on a Focus RS or Subaru STI.

Faceman

Go Kart Champion
Ride
'17 GSW 4Motion
This old timer will become enthused with VW options -- any style -- when they offer forged options as on a Focus RS or Subaru STI.
Audi has a few forged 17" and 19" wheels that will fit our cars. I have a pair of forged 17" Q5 wheels for the winter and forged 19" R8 wheels for the summer.

VDubberinDE

Ride
2018 VW Golf R
What is the weight of these? Why not go with a really light weight aftermarket wheel? Just wondering.
I have APR wheels now for summers, but I just love this new style. Simple as that. Could care less about weight. I'm not driving on a race track, lol. People make way to much over weight. I think they will look sharp on my Lapiz Blue R, with the Black gloss insets that match the black gloss trim on the car.

VDubberinDE

Ride
2018 VW Golf R
Just waiting for a Spring Tire Sale, and will get them mounted and probably take off the winters a little earlier this year if the weather holds. So far its been a no snow winter here.

bentin

Passed Driver's Ed
Ride
2018 GTI SE
Haha that is funny. Do the Koreans ever design something themselves instead of copying everyone else.
Just about every member of their team is former BMW, VW Group or MB. I assume some of the knowledge those guys are bringing over includes vendor relationships, which explains why Kias and Audis appear to have the same wheel designs recently, probably just using the same suppliers. It's not like anyone actually makes their own wheels, they're just buying from a limited group of suppliers. With the pool of German talent Hyundai Group has, it's no surprise that they've suddenly got very Germanic designs.

SRGTD

Ready to race!
There’s a 17” version of those wheels that are a factory fit option on some models of VW’s Polo;

7399E572-D23D-4499-A196-F7E8E94BC904.jpeg

In the UK, they’re known as Bonneville, but VW have a tendency to give different names to specific designs of alloy wheels in different markets.