GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Vehicle for Pops

darkorb

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 Rabbit
My dad's lease is ending on his 525XI and he is in the market for a new car.

Now we go skiing 3-4 times a year, and try to go up as a family but the new car shouldnt be only for that, just for consideration.

I have taken 2 of my buddies with all skiis/boards and gear in my car up north and it was fine with space (2 dr) and my mom has a 2008 328XI 4 DR.

My dad is looking at the GMC Acadia, and Buick Enclave and Ford Flex. I dont no why he wants to 'downgrade'.

He doesn't no if he wants an SUV, Crossover, station wagon or what.

I showed him the A5 and he thinks it looks awesome, but the convenience of it (skiing) is obvi a nono. But 3/4 of the year hes gonna be driving it himself alone.

The A4 Avant is also something nice, looks good and is good on gas i think.

X5, ML350 were cars that he was looking at, but at base of $60g's its pretty EXPensive.

Any recomendations? Range is $40 - $50ish.

He doesn't care about power at all, he would drive the A5 (heavy car) with a 40HP engine with no care about how quick it goes. Upgrades such as wheels, surround sound, navigation are not a care either.

Raddicted

Perfectly insane
535Xi Touring with the new N54 TT. Perfect all-weather do-it-all car. Flash it with bolt ons and you have a 400hp monster sleeper too.

spacecity.gti

Sortaflush
Car(s)
2011 VW GTI
Toureg, Tiguan, Passat Wagon, Jetta wagon.

darkorb

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 Rabbit
Raddicted thats nice but it is starting at $70K canadian and the X5 starts at $58.

of course you can negotiate, but not 8K on the X5. sorry thought you guys new it was in CDN pricing!

njfast07

Go Kart Champion
A6? passat wagon? my mom drives a mercury mountaineer, great car for the money, tons of standard stuff, lots of room. v6 or v8 options (the v6 is plenty, its what my mom has) or he can check out the mercury mariner. smaller version. v6 is plenty, with the v8 it is literally a rocket. or he can get it hybrid.

phil

becausephilchow
Car(s)
2009 VW R32
Infiniti EX35.

It's base is 40K, fully loaded, barely tops 50K, but you don't need everything they offer.

My Uncle whom I live with is actually picking up an EX35 AWD soon, I'm psyched for it :biggrin:

roksax

turbo lover
I just realized we're talking canadian dollars!

A Subaru Outback 3.0R would be a good choice. That thing'll get you anywhere, and they start at 32k US, 43k Canadian

judunty84

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 3 Door GTI
something about a Range gets me...my friend at work let me drive hers a couple months ago and it was awesome.

Silver-Bolt

Ready to race!
Stay far away from the Benz ML's. Biggest POS Mercedes ever built. We had a ML500 at 2000 miles the rattles started. Multiple dealer visits would fix one rattle and 10 miles later another one started. Dumped it after 6 months. Don't buy an Alabama Benz.

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
Why not a 335xi? AWD TT... put some racks on it and youre fine..

Raddicted

Perfectly insane
Raddicted thats nice but it is starting at $70K canadian and the X5 starts at $58.

Sorry, didn't see that.

Infiniti EX35.

It's base is 40K, fully loaded, barely tops 50K, but you don't need everything they offer.

My Uncle whom I live with is actually picking up an EX35 AWD soon, I'm psyched for it :biggrin:

The HUGE problem with the EX, and the one that is stopping it from selling, is the rear leg room. It is ridiculous. There is literally no room in the back. Less than a coupe. I think its 26.5". I hear they are trying to rectify it quickly but I'm not sure how they are going to do it without major reconfiguration. Its great barring that issue.

A Subaru Outback 3.0R would be a good choice. That thing'll get you anywhere, and they start at 32k US, 43k Canadian

Amen. Best choice here. By far.

Fast, great steering, huge cargo space, safe as a vault, drives like a luxury car, 8.5" of ground clearance, well equipped, and the best AWD system in the industry on the 3.0R

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
I just realized we're talking canadian dollars!

Done deal... Leggy FTW!

Honestly my mom has a 2.5 NA Outback and I love the thing. Even with the shitty 4EAT.... With a bigger motor and the 5EAT it would be a great car. And duh... subi AWD FTW!