GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New to the Forum

Rojito

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE MANUAL
Welcome to the forum! How far do you want to take the carin modifications? A lot of experience and great people on this board, you won't be disappointed.
Well, I did my first mod way sooner than expected.

I did the “make my car stop vibrating like an electric razor” mod. Used some high speed carbon fiber adhesive strips (electrical tape) and space shuttle quality, sound deadening, high intensity, heat resistant super foam (a Mr. Clean scrubbing pad).

Worked like a charm.
FC295885-3D6B-42B6-9879-1EDED3923F2D.jpeg

sstarrx2

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI S DSG
Well, I don’t care for it...some
folks like it. It will protect your paint...but most detailers dont like it because it does tend to yellow and your cars paint will never look its best with film on it.

Last edited:

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
Red would have been my 1st choice. I ended up with Blk my least fav color because no one else came close to price and when I purchased Sport model inventory was running low. Enjoy the ride. fwiw I now have two black cars with red trim

Attachments

• IMG_20210403_151421984.jpg
    IMG_20210403_151421984.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20210403_154512291.jpg
    IMG_20210403_154512291.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 56

sstarrx2

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI S DSG
Red would have been my 1st choice. I ended up with Blk my least fav color because no one else came close to price and when I purchased Sport model inventory was running low. Enjoy the ride. fwiw I now have two black cars with red trim
Yes, I ended up the same myself with Black, but it has grown on me, especially the pearl effect. Getting a Black S is pretty easy down here at the dealership I purchased from. I think they have about 6 of them. A Red S is like finding a 4 leaf clover!!

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Well, I did my first mod way sooner than expected.

I did the “make my car stop vibrating like an electric razor” mod. Used some high speed carbon fiber adhesive strips (electrical tape) and space shuttle quality, sound deadening, high intensity, heat resistant super foam (a Mr. Clean scrubbing pad).

Worked like a charm.
View attachment 212242
What/where is this?

SnailpowerMk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI SE 6SPD MT
Looks good! Red is an awesome color...

I loved my red SRT4. It is seriously a color that pops. Though as legend goes, because it pops, and you stand out, you're more than likely to get more tickets performing the same crime a silver/white colored car might do, lol. In my prime days, I was racking up 1 ticket every 2 weeks with that car. Until eventually I was 1 ticket away from losing my license. Granted, it was red, black wheels, big wing, and pretty loud, so I would say it had the biggest bullzeye on it's back.

Besides that though, it's an awesome color to have otherwise :D

Rojito

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE MANUAL
They had a black and red SE manual when I went in.

Black on black looks really sharp, but black is hard to keep clean and the Georgia sun would not be kind to me in a black car.

I hear you about inventory. Both of those SE’s are off the dealer website now. Mine for obvious reasons, and the black one was taken down a couple of days later.

My salesman said they had a meeting the day I was there and they were told by their GM that they would not be seeing ANY new cars for the next couple of months. That’s crazy.

sstarrx2

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI S DSG
What/where is this?
Ok, lay down on the ground and look just forward of your passenger side rear tire under your car. You will see where the fuel lines run together into this little assembly piece. This is were you want to wedge some foam in between the two lines were they run into this assembly. Then use velcro strip or tape to wrap around the two lines and the foam to secure it in place.

Rojito

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE MANUAL
Ok, lay down on the ground and look just forward of your passenger side rear tire under your car. You will see where the fuel lines run together into this little assembly piece. This is were you want to wedge some foam in between the two lines were they run into this assembly. Then use velcro strip or tape to wrap around the two lines and the foam to secure it in place.
That works too. Here are a few pictures I took real quick. Hope they help.
1C8C3C9C-3514-4973-A67C-DBC89FA123FF.jpeg
4671DC42-6A81-4765-9952-990CAED4C8CE.jpeg
3D018E83-FBD2-4371-9E42-20A9D621FEDC.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: the

Turbongr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7

You get the Comet running again?