GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New to Pittsburgh area.

maxwell

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GSW 6MT 4motion

New-er to the Pittsburgh area, living about 30 minutes north in Cranberry Township to be exact. Relocated about 7 months ago for work just before the pandemic hit. Currently in a 2018 GSW 4motion 6mt with APR st1 91 and a few other 'estate-ly' bits. Enjoying it here so far.

Looking for some recommendations for high quality german indi shops. I'll be installing some B14's on my GSW in the coming weeks and will need an alignment. Long term, i'd like to go down the is38 path and could need some help with a clutch install.

If anyone has any recommends, i'm all ears!

Driven past C&G a few times, seems nice. Any feedback?
https://candgperformance.com/

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
You'll get lots of use out of the IS38 in the daily traffic jams around the Pitt area ;). Set aside a little nest egg so that you can fix/replace your wheels and tires. The roads in the greater Pitt area are shitty, especially in the winter. A lot of places will be more pothole than road. And stay away from McKee's Rocks if you can, unless you like being robbed or shot. Downtown Pitt has a few nice areas and a lot of rough ones. The Strip District is nice if you're a foodie, lots of great shops there. I79, I279, I76, and I376 are treated like racetracks by about half of the people that drive them. You'll see what I mean once things go back to normal.

rustyoldboat

Car(s)
2015 Golf TDI MT
Welcome to the Burgh! I haven't been a Golf owner long enough to be much help in recommending independent shops, unfortunately, but if you find a place you like, I'd actually be glad for a recommendation.

Unfortunately, with the pandemic, it's hard to experience much of what Pittsburgh has going for it. I agree with the above post that food and shops in the Strip District is a highlight. I hope you're enjoying some of the offerings of the Steel City so far.