GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New to me golf r - Conifer, CO area

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
Greetings ladies and gents! I wanted to introduce myself and my new-to-me mk7 golf r. Love this car but not stoked about the oil/ coolant leaks so prevalent with the mk7 (mine included). Nothing catastrophic for me, but I’ll see how much I can do before paying someone else

I drove the car back from MI last week with no issues. Always glad to bring fun/ cool cars to the Denver market.
F995F0CE-7F56-4F78-9B01-96C2C462B5C7.jpeg

I really love to drive in the canyons and mtn roads nearby. I live above Turkey Creek, for reference. I’d be happy to drive with other golf owners or other car enthusiasts, and have some specialized knowledge of some fun roads/ routes nearby.

I am still learning how to use the Cobb Accessport with eqt stage 1 93 tune. I may go ahead and get a custom remote tune from eqt, though I’d be happy to hear any feedback you have if you have experience tuning your mk7. I’ve used hp tuners in the past and love the data that I was able to log and review. I haven’t looked at any data from the golf yet but hoping for some similar data acquisition and review when I get around to it.

Anyway, glad to find this forum and hope to spend some time here.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
Congrats! Wouldn't bother with custom tune if you are sticking with pump gas and stock fueling. Waste of money.
Thanks Diggs. I wish my tune was for 91 instead of 93; would probably just leave it depending on knock values. $150/ $500 is pretty cheap either way.

Last edited:

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
Ed at eqt said what you said. Ha! Thanks for the sound advice, I’ll just get the 91 tune from the website and will let the data tell me what’s what.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
Anyone want to drive up here sometime? I have some car friends with interesting cars and it’s always a good time. Shoot me a message or post up!

Attachments

• 2CC55A23-BFCF-4F92-8159-D25EAE9CFADC.jpeg
    2CC55A23-BFCF-4F92-8159-D25EAE9CFADC.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 80
  • 8ABEC5FA-5BD3-4E22-A276-83447F1CF04A.jpeg
    8ABEC5FA-5BD3-4E22-A276-83447F1CF04A.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 71

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
02E37F7C-26B8-41A9-939A-744F7E778132.jpeg

Nice R! Crazy another LSG R so close. I’m in Ken Caryl Valley just below you. There are 2 other LSG Rs within about 1/4 mile of where I live. This pic is taken right below Lockheed at Deer Creek. Anyway hope you enjoy it. They are great cars and tough to hold back on modding. I never intended to get as deep with mine as I have.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
View attachment 230561
Nice R! Crazy another LSG R so close. I’m in Ken Caryl Valley just below you. There are 2 other LSG Rs within about 1/4 mile of where I live. This pic is taken right below Lockheed at Deer Creek. Anyway hope you enjoy it. They are great cars and tough to hold back on modding. I never intended to get as deep with mine as I have.
Duude! Sorry I missed this. Both of the cars pictured live near you (though the 4c was sold for a Quadrifoglio). I used to work at that campus and really enjoyed empty Deer Creek commutes at 0530, but that was another car. Yep I am buying goodies for the R and making it a little more enjoyable with time. Would love to meet up sometime and get some knowledge. I wonder if you ever drive with DAE? Not on FB anymore but I’ve made a lot of enthusiast driver friends before I left.

Glad you’re so close. It’s a good place to be for quick canyon access. I’ll shoot you a pm and hope to get a lap in sometime.

Reactions: MSH

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
My favorite pic from the bottom of Deer Creek last year. Me and the 4c were driving from my house and found our friend with the 911 walking his new pup at the bottom. While we were chatting, a friendly Ferrari 488 gave us a WOT blast. What a good place to be!

Attachments

• 16A905B1-DC14-4B6C-9274-0EB9A8E327B2.jpeg
    16A905B1-DC14-4B6C-9274-0EB9A8E327B2.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 65
Reactions: MSH

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
Some fun driving to be had out here in the foothills. Diverse group, the Asian import couldn’t make it. Fwiw, we all had all-season tires. The corvette was the slowest, then a very close call between the Quadrifoglio and the golf. It seemed like I could drop the quad in the tighter corners, but it should have been able to keep up well on the fast sweepers. Please send a message if you want to come up and drive some sweet mtn routes.

1650209782079.jpeg

Last edited: