GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New to me 2017 GTI S

EodDru

Car(s)
2017 GTI
Just wanted to introduce myself and my new car. I just bought a 2017 GTI S (DSG) with 26000 mi from Carvana. I decided to downsize from 2019 F150 to save some money. I have previously owned a Focus ST (Cobb Stage 1) and a 2017 Mustang GT w/ performance pack. I took delivery yesterday and everything seems to be in good condition besides a couple of light scratches and a curb rash wheel(In the market for a wheel). I look forward to learning more about this car in the forums.

Attachments

• GT.JPG
    GT.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 116
  • GTI.jpg
    GTI.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 117

FRANKIEWALLNUTS

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW mk7 Gti
Nice car congratulations. Always wondered about Carvana. I’d be super nervous to buy a car that way. Looks really nice good luck with it. Welcome 👍🏼

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
Nice car congratulations. Always wondered about Carvana. I’d be super nervous to buy a car that way. Looks really nice good luck with it. Welcome 👍🏼

I bought mine from Carvana as well. The paint was quite a bit more beat up than they let on but nothing that a good buffing didn't take care of. At this time last year I got an amazing deal from them on both my trade-in and GTI but their prices seem to be a lot higher now probably due a shortage of trades during the pandemic. It is nearly impossible to find a used GTI at a dealer within an hour of me these days. If you ever want to sell your car Carvana is definitely a good way to go. They pay far more than most places and barely look it over before handing you the check.

EodDru

Car(s)
2017 GTI
I bought mine from Carvana as well. The paint was quite a bit more beat up than they let on but nothing that a good buffing didn't take care of. At this time last year I got an amazing deal from them on both my trade-in and GTI but their prices seem to be a lot higher now probably due a shortage of trades during the pandemic. It is nearly impossible to find a used GTI at a dealer within an hour of me these days. If you ever want to sell your car Carvana is definitely a good way to go. They pay far more than most places and barely look it over before handing you the check.
I will say that the paint was a little worse than it looked in the pictures on mine. I was able to buff most of it out. Other than that the car is in great shape with low miles. The GTIs on Carvana seem to go quick so I feel lucky to get the one I did

RvamkviiS

Car(s)
2020 Mk vii S
Just wanted to introduce myself and my new car. I just bought a 2017 GTI S (DSG) with 26000 mi from Carvana. I decided to downsize from 2019 F150 to save some money. I have previously owned a Focus ST (Cobb Stage 1) and a 2017 Mustang GT w/ performance pack. I took delivery yesterday and everything seems to be in good condition besides a couple of light scratches and a curb rash wheel(In the market for a wheel). I look forward to learning more about this car in the forums.
I’m new to GTI ownership and this forum too, coming out of a Boxster and a 3 series. So far it’s a great replacement (more engaging than the three). How does yours compare to the ‘stang?

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
Girlfriend just bought a Mini Cooper S from Carvana to learn how to drive stick... Conversation started off with her agreeing to getting a "cheap beater" to learn on... $17,000 later... She's actually doing quite well (two weeks of ownership, she's driving on her own now) and the car was in great condition, I would definitely recommend Carvana from our experience. Caveat is, you are going to end up spending on the upper end of a used cars value.

Why'd you get rid of the Mustang? I also had one alongside a 2013 GTI back in 2012... I didn't get rid of it by choice though...

DSC03022.JPG

RvamkviiS

Car(s)
2020 Mk vii S
Congrats on the Mini Cooper S. Those are awesome. One carvana watch out—the extended warranty only covers repairs at places like NTB, Pep Boys, and a few pretty sketchy local mechanics (at least in Richmond). I know this from experience with a broken BMW, which those places struggled to repair.

EodDru

Car(s)
2017 GTI
Stock for stock the Mustang is faster for sure. I got rid of it because it was not practical with kids. My wife drives an SUV but I still needed more room. I will say it was my favorite car I have ever owned. The sound of the engine on the coyotes is great.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
Welcome from another ex-Stang owner. 2012 V6 PP/MT with complete suspension mods done. Stang was faster (even the 6) but never felt fast. GTI is more fun as a drivers car and way more practical. However I miss the jealous looks I would get

Attachments

• resized.jpg
    resized.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 73
  • Tractor[1].JPG
    Tractor[1].JPG
    92 KB · Views: 71

Elcheapo Loco

Ready to race!
I also noticed used GTI prices have gone up since the pandemic started. I would have thought it should go done since no one is buying...

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
The GTIs on Carvana seem to go quick so I feel lucky to get the one I did

Yeah unless you are willing to overpay a ridiculous amount for a 2019 on there the others seem to sell right after being listed.

I also noticed used GTI prices have gone up since the pandemic started. I would have thought it should go done since no one is buying...

Like I wrote before I think less people are trading cars in and some auto auctions shut down. KBB values plummeted when the pandemic first started but rose just as fast.

patrick_b

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE 6MT
I started looking at a GTI as a weekend car late last year but didn’t start seriously looking until spring. Prices are certainly higher on used GTIs but what I noticed is that good examples sold so quickly. Every time I found a good candidate, it was gone in a few days. The ones that sat were way overpriced. I was looking at dealers mostly and they would not budge on price. They knew someone would pay their asking price sooner or later. I held firm on a few and ended up walking over $500 a couple of times. Glad I did as the one I eventually bough was a private sale car and checked all my boxes.