GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New thermostat housing and water pump.

New2the7

Car(s)
Mk7 gti
Just installed a new thermostat housing along with water pump on mk7 GTi.

Is there any bleed valves in the system?

Does the new thermostat have to be coded to the car? Or isit literally a case of plugging it in?

As you can tell I'm new to this platform. And concerned with the stuff I have been reading about component protection etc.

Does anyone know @ what temperature the fans should kick in at?

The dash has been reading dead on 90 degrees c but obd eleven showing 105 degrees c and no fans kicking in.

This is at idle.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
The car display will always say 90c unless it's about to overheat. I don't know what temperature the fans are supposed to turn on at but if you want to make sure if the fan is working turn on the AC. When the AC is on the fan is always supposed to run. Your OBDeleven is the correct coolant temperature.

New2the7

Car(s)
Mk7 gti
Thanks for you're reply. I have put the AC on and the fans do not come on 😬 not sure what my next step should be to fix that?

New2the7

Car(s)
Mk7 gti
Fuse in the engine bay for the fan is fine. 🤔 Haven't driven the car as yet as it's a bit of a rebuild project. Any other suggestions? Cheers

New2the7

Car(s)
Mk7 gti
The fan comes on when power is applied directly. Maybe I just need to bite the bullet and buy a vacuum bleeding kit 🤔

New2the7

Car(s)
Mk7 gti
Is anyone able to show me any pictures of there cooling system set up? Especially the pipe which runs along the top of the radiator as both ends of this have been cut and I cannot see anywhere where this pipe would connect too. So in my eyes it's as if this pipe is not being used at all

New2the7

Car(s)
Mk7 gti
The pipe in this picture is the one in question

Attachments

• 20211115_142743.JPG
    20211115_142743.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 126

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
You don't need coding to swap a sensor on the coolant systems. Its only the crash, infotainment & other systems that require coding..The cooling system is not that security protected.

I've not done the 2lt system personally, but I do have the VAG Europe info on it...PM me & I can give you want you need...whats the engine code??

New2the7

Car(s)
Mk7 gti
You don't need coding to swap a sensor on the coolant systems. Its only the crash, infotainment & other systems that require coding..The cooling system is not that security protected.

I've not done the 2lt system personally, but I do have the VAG Europe info on it...PM me & I can give you want you need...whats the engine code??
Will fire you a pm thanks.👍
Did a bit more tinkering and I have managed to get the system working properly. Think I must have had an airlock. As the heaters are now blowing hot air @ idle.