GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New tail pipes fitted

simonj67

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi Rob, no difference in sound purely cosmetic, do you have the twins GTI style system?

ROBK75

Ready to race!
No I've got the same twin pipe style like yours, main reason being because I didn't want to replace the rear diffuser, but I've just ordered a Rieger carbon diffuser so could have gone with the GTI style after all.

Anyway its an unresonated system but it isn't too loud, although when idling it makes a nice burbling sound when you're stood behind the car and it generates a LOT more heat than the standard one. Car also revs a bit cleaner too, plus it looks much better!

simonj67

Passed Driver's Ed
Excellent quality and fairly easy to fit, took about an hour by myself, easiest way was bumper off then line it all up up side down to drill the holes and used the 13 set of A4 stainless nuts, bolts and washer - no sealant, tape or self tappers!

ROBK75

Ready to race!
Looks really nice that, you said you've got VWR springs, do you get any issues with the splitter scraping over speed bumps etc? I've got VWR springs and a maxthon splitter but it catches everything so I think it'll have to come off. Yours doesn't look quite as low so I might have to get me one, how much was it?

simonj67

Passed Driver's Ed
No issues so far with speed bumps, I just take them slow, was lucky as I got the wheels, splitter and springs all new via a chap on eBay who bought them then his car was delayed so decided to sell.

s7wag

Ready to race!
Nice job and looks much better with Milltek tips!!

My Maxton splitter catches those bumps too...well did until Wifey decided to challenge the front splitter with a high kerb whilst parking...problem solved splitter is several pieces - so no more splitter!

I'm thinking that new Reiger splitter is coming soon...

Craigmk7

Passed Driver's Ed
No I've got the same twin pipe style like yours, main reason being because I didn't want to replace the rear diffuser, but I've just ordered a Rieger carbon diffuser so could have gone with the GTI style after all.

Anyway its an unresonated system but it isn't too loud, although when idling it makes a nice burbling sound when you're stood behind the car and it generates a LOT more heat than the standard one. Car also revs a bit cleaner too, plus it looks much better!

Hi Rob, How much performance gain do you reckon it makes? Is it worth the money? Tempted to get a non resonated exhaust system!

Plus those tips look a lot better Simon

ROBK75

Ready to race!
Hi Rob, How much performance gain do you reckon it makes? Is it worth the money? Tempted to get a non resonated exhaust system!

Plus those tips look a lot better Simon

It's difficult to say Craig, the car was dyoned at 225bhp when it was mapped with the standard exhaust and filter, now it's got the Milltek system and Jetex filter I reckon it might have about 235. It doesn't feel a lot quicker or anything but definitely revs a lot cleaner and isn't as strained above 4000 rpm, plus it makes a better noise (although it's still by no means loud).

It is quite expensive but if you can afford it then it's a nice upgrade.