GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New shift knob for my DSG: Momo Duke and DIY

SHFT

Ready to race!

1. Purchase your TipMod from supreme power and an appropriate manual knob

2. Gather parts and tools:

3: remove top from dsg knob

4: disconnect shifter button from plastic, pull the shift trigger in makes this easier

5: pull front of boot surround up to remove

6: pry metal ring and slide down. Pull up firmly on knob to remove

7: grasp top of shift boot and pull away from knob, wiggling to remove the ring that attaches boot to shifter. Put boot back over shift arm but do not reinstall surround yet

8: lube shifter with grease

9: install TipMod, you will have to rotate the plastic piece 90 degrees

10: install knob

11: lift boot and install a zip tie to hold it up

12: admire and drink beer

StrictlyWhiskey

Looks awesome. How hard would you rate the job? I don't exactly trust myself to tinker with my car like that so I may just skip to step 12

Jdmsneakerhead

thank you for sharing the info, do you have the link where i can purchase the tipmod? i've been looking on Supremepower's site and cant find it

bludragon06

Ready to race!
Hey SHFT is there any possible way you can upload a video of how this mod works. I have read in a bunch of different places how it works. But would love to see it work. I may really want to do this so I can have a dimpled golf ball knob like on the manuals. That would be cool. I have seen the gti dsg shift knob edition 30 but I am not spending $300 to have a golf ball knob. The wife would NEVER approve (unless you know where freezes over lol). Anyways, thanks in advance!
-Dave