GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New R coming in August

iHayoona

Ready to race!
I don't race but upgrading mk6 gti to the R.

so even if you don't race and don't see why bother to get an R, why do you bother with a gti? Your logic falls short of reason.

You buy these cars with heart and atleast the r offers 4 wheel drive security.

I like a car that's fast to satisfy me, I owned a cooper s, and I needed something at that level, I got a GTI, cause of the choices or lack thereof in the normal golf range at my dealer, everyone has their reasons for picking a car, and the GTI works just right for me, no need to explain myself to anyone right?

BlueBullet

Ready to race!
I like a car that's fast to satisfy me, I owned a cooper s, and I needed something at that level, I got a GTI, cause of the choices or lack thereof in the normal golf range at my dealer, everyone has their reasons for picking a car, and the GTI works just right for me, no need to explain myself to anyone right?

Don't spit your dummy out the pram cos questioned your comment.

You can't question people choosing the R if you choose a gti, you don't have to race to like either car. I love the gti and the R but saying choosing an R because of racing is silly.

Choosing any car is personal but I ain't got time for anyone chatting rubbish for no good reason.

gtiw7

Ready to race!
Hahaha after seeing the prices, not so much, why do we have these ridiculous random packages anyway? I don't race either so I don't get the point of upgrading to an R, but really, the prices contradict the packages offered, it makes me doubt our dealers intellect :rolleyes:

actullay for the R the're not offering any packages! which is good. there is the basic package and then you get to add "exactly" what you want to pay for....you can spec 19" wheels, 8" screen, and Nappa leather (a BD1000 option specific for the R) without a panoramic roof for example. unlike the GTI which comes in 2 packages

iHayoona

Ready to race!
Don't spit your dummy out the pram cos questioned your comment.

You can't question people choosing the R if you choose a gti, you don't have to race to like either car. I love the gti and the R but saying choosing an R because of racing is silly.

Choosing any car is personal but I ain't got time for anyone chatting rubbish for no good reason.

I'm sorry if it sounded like that, but I was merely replying to gtiw7's question of wanting one, and gave my personal reason not to upgrade, I didn't judge anyone here, sorry if it offended anyone in someway

iHayoona

Ready to race!
actullay for the R the're not offering any packages! which is good. there is the basic package and then you get to add "exactly" what you want to pay for....you can spec 19" wheels, 8" screen, and Nappa leather (a BD1000 option specific for the R) without a panoramic roof for example. unlike the GTI which comes in 2 packages

Actually I think my GTI came with a special package, it was package one but included the camera, the bi-xenon and light and vision package which are package two exclusive, I don't know why but I'm thankful

BlueBullet

Ready to race!
I'm sorry if seem off, but I'm prob to defensive about the R as dead excited about getting it. It just seemed weird and annoying for anyone to criticise the R when they have a gti which is 90% same DNA. And having gti shows you like quick cars that are kitted and take an interest in cars. So to be honest it rattled my cage for what I thought was no good reason and seemed completely pointless and irritated me.

No harm done so no worries

iHayoona

Ready to race!
I'm sorry if seem off, but I'm prob to defensive about the R as dead excited about getting it. It just seemed weird and annoying for anyone to criticise the R when they have a gti which is 90% same DNA. And having gti shows you like quick cars that are kitted and take an interest in cars. So to be honest it rattled my cage for what I thought was no good reason and seemed completely pointless and irritated me.

No harm done so no worries

Nah it's alright man, I totally understand why it may have bothered you, but getting an R, that sounds really exciting, do you know when it'll be delivered? And by the way, what is lapiz blue? Seems like an R exclusive color, got any pics?

BlueBullet

Ready to race!
Hopefully delivered mid-late May. Yeah lapiz blue is exclusive to the R. It had originally looked alot brighter colour from videos and what Vw had posted, when got a colour sample in at my garage I nearly cancelled colour as darker than expected. Looks more purple than blue in my country on dark days but just as thinking of changing to limestone grey a transporter turned up and it looked a lot better when see on actual car and think look lot brighter on sunny day. Seeing the car in the flesh put my mind at ease with my choices, been a rocky road with colours and interior changing two weeks after ordering. The only thing exterior wise I didn't worry about without seeing my choices was the Pretoria wheels. I've had a lot of concerns during my wait for car that could of ruined car, no concerns now really happy with choices. I loved my gti and had ordered a car I have never seen choices or test driven, which worried me greatly until seen in real life considering how much money it's costing me. Test drive one as I now have and you'll never look back. Someone has posted pics on a thread at top of forum regarding colours and there is a link to a review of a u.k owner showing how looks purple ish there. Although looked a lot brighter when sun is out. To me if you like a gti you'll love the R, it's a gti Unleashed with uprated superb traction. Who doesn't love a golf that can make a Porsche crap itself and still be practical and sensible yet aggressive and ferociously quick.

iHayoona

Ready to race!
Hahaha you made me laugh with that Porsche comment, I will check the thread to see the color, I do wish mine came with the driving modes, but I guess I can live with it, I can't wait to see yours, especially with the 19" Pretoria's, I hope the wait is minimal

gtiw7

Ready to race!
Actually I think my GTI came with a special package, it was package one but included the camera, the bi-xenon and light and vision package which are package two exclusive, I don't know why but I'm thankful

not only yours :p all package 1 came in this trem level (only few came without camera) ehich is a good decision made by VW Bahrain. I personally can't see a GTI without a xenon while Camrys and Civics have it on (with all due respect to whoever drive these cars :eek:)

btw you can get driving modes (aka DCC) in the R! a BD450 option :D

iHayoona

Ready to race!
not only yours :p all package 1 came in this trem level (only few came without camera) ehich is a good decision made by VW Bahrain. I personally can't see a GTI without a xenon while Camrys and Civics have it on (with all due respect to whoever drive these cars :eek:)

btw you can get driving modes (aka DCC) in the R! a BD450 option :D

I wonder why is it an option, I mean 19" wheels I understand but driving modes in a performance car? And oh my I did drive a Camry when I got my license, and I'm secretly judging everyone who buys one, civics I can understand but Camry...:D:rolleyes:

Sbear

@BlueBullet - agree with you on the 19s, I got them as well. Lapiz Blue and oryx white were my next choices. the sun in Dubai really makes the car shine, but black is black :)

Only options I opted out of were the Nappa Leather and 8 inch display.

In anyones opinion is the Nappa leather worth the extra money?

BlueBullet

Ready to race!
@BlueBullet - agree with you on the 19s, I got them as well. Lapiz Blue and oryx white were my next choices. the sun in Dubai really makes the car shine, but black is black :)

Only options I opted out of were the Nappa Leather and 8 inch display.

In anyones opinion is the Nappa leather worth the extra money?

Compared to a lot of people on this forum my options list is either smaller in length or cheaper, but my budget will only stretch so far and I have what I've wanted. Could of got leather but paying £1700 seems rip off but I like the cloth and I ain't missing out on anything. I've done the built in sat nav thing and it's good right until you don't have car and need nav, so now use portable instead. The colour, wheels, camera and servicing and winter pack are vital to me.

BlueBullet

Ready to race!
I have seen Vw nappa leather but not sat on it, years ago I went in alpina b10 v8s with nappa leather and unless it's as good as that then no not worth it. It doesn't look as good as alpina nappa but it's all about the feel so I can't judge on looks alone.

Sbear

Apparently the Nappa is nice but the vienna is more durable, which I will need considering I have an english bulldog!